Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only ever use my Evo when it is dry and only ever during the Spring/Summer months if at all. Hence, I am not too concern with wet weather grip. What would you recommend as being the best road legal track day semi slick tyres that also offer good road holding ability.

I've had Yoko 048's and loved them but what about Dunlop DZ03G's??? How do they compare?

What else is out there?

:smthumbup

·
It is what it is.
1,109 Posts
A048's are fairly well up there... And conveniently I've got some for sale cheap in the classifieds. :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
I've got R888's but I've just ordered some AD08R's to offer a little more forgiveness if it rains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
AD08R have 80% the grip of R888R with none of the draw backs in the ****ing rain and puddles.

Currently have R888R, but will probably go back to AD08R next time.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
If your not tracking it aren't these sort of tyres a little overkill for the road? Plenty of very sticky sports tyres out there good enough for super cars and the likes.

I had R888s on a clio a few years back and can't deny the capabilities but they do hum a lot and are physically 'sticky' which means your always picking up stones that imbed into the rubber and tap on the road and flick up on your car.

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
If you're not bothered about wet weather performance then the Pirelli Trofeo is now considered a top performer.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I have tried the new Toyo 888R's and they are very very good but last 5 minutes, expect oil surge due to grip levels and no more than 500 miles if your doing track days. Federal 595 very good for the price, slightly better mileage but completely hopeless in the wet. Now on pilotsport cup 2's and I absolutely love them, good in wet good lifespan and really excellent handling, not cheap though.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have anyone tried the Federal RS-RR?
planning to put this in my next tyre change

·
Premium Member
358 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
If you're not bothered about wet weather performance then the Pirelli Trofeo is now considered a top performer.
But Phil,they only have a narrow window for best grip, great grip when at right temps but go off after a few laps.

17's my friend. :smthumbup
Dunlop dz 03g all the way, so consistent over multi laps and awesome grip for a semi. I have some well used ones and still giving as new performance in the dry, are selling for a good drink but a shame,they are 245/18.

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
But Phil,they only have a narrow window for best grip, great grip when at right temps but go off after a few laps.

Dunlop dz 03g all the way, so consistent over multi laps and awesome grip for a semi. I have some well used ones and still giving as new performance in the dry, are selling for a good drink but a shame,they are 245/18.
That's not the experience of the people I know who have used and/or are currently using them. They take longer than 888s or DZ03s to come up to temp, but can then be run lap after lap without noticeably going off. And when I say lap after lap, that includes a 2 hour race event and on car that weighs 1350kgs!

But they won't give great performance in the wet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts