Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the great pleasure of meeting Darin and Brian last night for a few sherberts, and they reminded me why I love all things Lancer (and cars for that matter). Having had a nice long break, they convinced me that this forum would be a better place with me than without.

So, I am back - with greater patience, more resolve and flameproof underpants!

I am also now a fully paid up member, and look forward to working closely with Darin and Brian to help keep the MLR a great enthusiasts club.

I expect my involvement to get back to the previous levels of postings, and have also agreed to become a Moderator.

Thanks Darin and Brian (and HH6, T27, Bugsy, Simon7Extreme and all the rest of you for your kind words).

Good to be back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Blade,
The only reason we put all those kind words down was because you were supposed to be gone and not read them (a bit like an obituary ;))
Now that you're back, we'll all only have bad things to say about you and your car again...... Don't do it http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Welcome Back and its good to have another RSX about

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
typical lancer owner....no will power.

why not come along to the pod meet that simon is organising and get back into the swing. it will give all us disciples a chance to see the much talked a car that u own.

good to have you back

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Robert - have thought about the pod meet. Depends on a number of things (mostly getting a pass from the missus!)

Guess where the car is? That's right - in the garage! I have also just found out that Merv from PE is going on holiday for 6 weeks on Sunday, so it is a mad dash to get my car properly mapped. The new turbo is being fitted (same as Si's) but there doesn't look like there will be enough time to get the new injectors on etc. So I will probably only be running 1.4 bar to start with (should be good for about 425bhp). As long as they get it finished of course....

Also, I may off to Lapland (!) - going to stay in the Ice Hotel (yes I know, but my wife REALLY wants to go). I hate the cold... :(

Also need some lessons from Si - I have never really run the 1/4 mile before, so some tips on getting it off the line would be good!
Sounds like it is going to be a packed, but fun day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blade ,

Good to see you back,would be glad when yor car is finished as my patience is running out wanting to see it on track and have a blast with you in it.Are you doing any of Ed's airfield days coming up.?
Things have cheered up on here recently ,still as bad a lanquage as usual,but hey ! thats what I'm here for .
So youve volenteered to be a moderator ,are you sure your doing the right thing?
You'll be growing an inch tash under your nose soon :D.
I'm still going to be one of the resistance .:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mmm - Darin did ask me three times if I was sure, but yes, I think I am. Helps justify the time I spend on the forum!

I hope to do all of Ed's days at Bruntingthorpe, Colerne and Llandow. I will try Hullavington in Feb hopefully too. Colerne and Hullavington are both up your way, and Llandow isn't that far either (near Cardiff). Will also do Goodwood with Ed.

Saves me loads - otherwise I have to hire the bugger on other trackdays, and I am starting to feel the pinch cash wise! As a truce with my missus, if I take her to loads of interesting places, she will turn a blind eye to track days - clever that, as I can't really afford both! Also, gonna be moving house - again a trick by her! As PE won't be housing my car anymore (as it is nearly finished) I will have to, and that means I need a garage - not just the car, but all the spares (gearbox, second set wheels, two spare tyres sets!!!!!)! That means I need to move, which means - yup - more money.

Fortunately I have a mate in Lechlade who will house it for me, and the bits - also a good reason to do Ed's days!

:( No more tuning for me then :( :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blade,

i wondered how long you could stay away.

a moderator now ... that'll mean youll lose one of your stars .....

i've also taken the plunge and joined the mlr even though my wife seems to hate my evo more than ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blade,

i wondered how long you could stay away.

a moderator now ... that'll mean youll lose one of your stars .....

i've also taken the plunge and joined the mlr even though my wife seems to hate my evo more than ever.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Blade,

Welcome back.

I'd be happy to help you with 1/4 mile techniques. If you come to Santa Pod on the 24th I can go through it all with you (and anyone else interested) in person.

Cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weeeee,

Good to have you back, you being a moderator is a good choice. It would also be very good to see you at the Pod, been wanting to look at you car for a long while now, I'm sure the Photo's don't do it justice.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Testing,testing,####,###### ####,moderate that Blade:)

Im so gratefull you have returned I have'nt been sleeping thinking about you.I look forward to testing your underpants.RC will be at Bruntingthorpe hope to see you there......

Best wishes Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Barry,
Haven't got my moderator status yet, but surely I don't need to moderate you, do I? And anyway, I am sure you would prefer Simon to moderator your posts :D

I will be attending all of Motorsport Event's track days at Bruntingthorpe. I doubt whether I will even get in the top 5 EVOs Barry! My car isn't really very impressive in a straight line, compared to some of the other monsters being built. Particularly interesting is the Norris 580bhp EVO, and I know of someone who may be packing even more punch than that!

Wow - too much hp for me. Pretty happy with my car now, so will quit while I am ahead (and still married)! I am just about at the end of my tuning cycle, a couple of more minor things to be done. Current iteration with the new turbo should see about 420ish bhp, then will be looking at new injectors and some other small bits and bobs to enable the boost to go higher - 450 to 475 is likely then. Suspension though will be completed, with the new LSD, lower bars, new springs (again!) etc. Have had to change my exhaust, as the arrangement with new turbo and its downpipe requires a standard length pipe, cat section etc. My custom exhaust would need too many alterations, so I am just plumping for a Blitz Nur Spec R instead and a Magnex front pipe. Already have a 3 decat section to go in. I will miss that huge tail pipe :(

I am not bothering with carbon lightweight panels - worked out I could lose weight instead and get the same benefits! 1 stone gone so far, 3 to go! Much cheaper!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like everyone else Blade, its good to see you back, looks like I'll be leaning on you for advice, as usual!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come to think of it Barry, my underpants wouldn't fit you! :D

As regards your insomnia, it is a frightening thought to find that you think about me in bed... Does your wife know about this?

I can send you some full size naked pictures of me if it helps you out for a small fee :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh what pod day?????????????? what have i missed, at least thats something i CAN do! Simmon when is it, looked on events and trackdays but can;t see it, look getting all excited now, cant spell.

Blade, welcome back my friend and long lost lover......................seen any squirrels lately?

Debs x

1 - 20 of 45 Posts