Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a RR day at TRL to see what what my evo 5 was pushing out and the results were a nice surprise ( previous owner had claimed x amount ) so just wanted my own proof ,

Kicked out 404bhp with 410 torques on 1.6 bar safe so it's all good and one happy evo owner ,

Cheers Matt .

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha will do mate it's running 8 mr cams,9 360 mr 00 series turbo, 9 recirc dump valve stock intercooler and induction kit !!!!!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Does your graph have boost on it as well? Mine tapers off from 1.5 to 1.1 by max rpm so I'm wondering if its the cams, the turbo or both I need to change :smthumbup

Is your engine forged?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it tappers off to about 1.1 ish !!!! But no as far as I know it's not forged mate here's the graph see what u think pal -

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Your boost tapers off to 1.1 yet you make 400bhp - I wouldnt have though that would be possible on a more or less stock turbo?!?!? Perhaps someone in the know can explain. What did the guys at TRL say about that? Did they seem surprised? Of not I need some MR cams and one of those turbos stat!

Curves look nice and flat but I guess they would with that scale!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Your boost tapers off to 1.1 yet you make 400bhp - I wouldnt have though that would be possible on a more or less stock turbo?!?!? Perhaps someone in the know can explain. What did the guys at TRL say about that? Did they seem surprised? Of not I need some MR cams and one of those turbos stat!

Curves look nice and flat but I guess they would with that scale!
My old EVO 5 did the same near enough but on stock V turbo and stock cams. I did 393 at 1.6bar with only breathing mods. Lee5 mapped it and said it was VERY strong for a 'stock' car.

There are some out there that just seem to go above the norm for no obvious reason.

:smthumbup

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
That's weird as Lee5 commented how strong mine was making 337bhp at the 1.1 bar it tailed off to - I'm confused now.........

We think Lee5 mapped mine but it was before I owned it

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God knows mate lol ring Matt at trl and see what he thinks but the previous owner told me mine was mapped by Gaz at gr performance previously and the graph I've got for that one showed 385/400 ill dig that one out Tomos and post up to compare maybe a slight difference because of the different RR maybe , but Matt did say that it was very strong run aswell as the other attendees dino , fatman100 and a few others maybe they could answer ya queries too mate ,

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That's weird as Lee5 commented how strong mine was making 337bhp at the 1.1 bar it tailed off to - I'm confused now.........

We think Lee5 mapped mine but it was before I owned it
For that little boost yes 337 would be strong. Same as how 393 is pretty strong for only 1.6bar...most guys have to push closer to 2 bar to do the old 400/400 on stock turbo's

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
For that little boost yes 337 would be strong. Same as how 393 is pretty strong for only 1.6bar...most guys have to push closer to 2 bar to do the old 400/400 on stock turbo's

Any, that makes more sense - when you said yours did the same I thought you meant tail off to 1.1 bar like the OP says his did. That's why I was confused :lol:

Now all I need to do is find out why mine tails off so badly.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Any, that makes more sense - when you said yours did the same I thought you meant tail off to 1.1 bar like the OP says his did. That's why I was confused :lol:

Now all I need to do is find out why mine tails off so badly.
Just found my graph from when i had a worn wastegate flapper which wasnt sealing and on that run it did 384.4hp peaking at 1.5bar and holding 1.45bar.

It made a fair bit more after a hotside swap.

Sorry for the off topic OP :blush::smthumbup

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just another thing when I bought the car the guy says that it should peak at 1.7 then hold at 1.5 I forgot to ask Matt about this to see if that was happening !! Mind u it doesn't bother me really unless you lot could tell from the graph I've posted ?? Cos if this is what's supposed to be happening surely mines not , mmmmm now I'm confused ha

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Just another thing when I bought the car the guy says that it should peak at 1.7 then hold at 1.5 I forgot to ask Matt about this to see if that was happening !! Mind u it doesn't bother me really unless you lot could tell from the graph I've posted ?? Cos if this is what's supposed to be happening surely mines not , mmmmm now I'm confused ha
You should have another graph which will show your AFR.s VS boost. Thats the one that will show what boost you are making and holding.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Your graph only has the power and torque curves. There should be another with boost and AFR but its not uncommon not to get those on rolling road days as the price is so cheap and it takes extra time. I'd say you are spiking to about 1.6-1.7 and holding 1.5-1.6 judging by the power you made which is why I was surprised when you said it tailed off to 1.1

**edit** fastbikes lived up to the first bit of his name and got thee first :lol:

·
is nice but dim ;-)
2,556 Posts
I have HKS 264 cams, 80 series and my 6 only managed a 403/400. Pulls well though and very pleased with it. Always wanting more though :crackup:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got 3 graphs in total ill post them up or have a good look to see what was going on didn't even think about that cheers everyone , and to be honest before it we t on the RR I said to triple o g if it made over 350 safe I'd be happy so was as they say a nice brucy bonus lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts