Lancer Register Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

· Registered
21,391 Posts
The new skyline looks awesome. I believe a v-spec version is in the pipeline too!! Holding out for an R35 next tbh. Hopefully do a personnal import. Off to Tokyo for me summer hols so planning on visiting a few dealers while there.

I tried an R34 when I bought my 400, and tbh there was no comparison, the evo is miles better. The R34 big, heavy, uncomfortable, not particularly fast, understeers all over the place and the brakes just give up!! Dare say you could spend ££loads modifying it to make it fantastic - but what's the point.
My plan is to buy one already modified. Save's me the time and money.

· Registered
4,905 Posts
I've put a deposit on a V-Spec at Middlehurst... word is the UK car is going to be cheaper than the current import price, which will immediately devalue imports once announced. (Geneva motor show).

If the V-Spec is a long time after the std car I'll get a standard car, but word is it'll be available Apr 2009 (import) and Jun-Jul (UK).

V-Spec - Mmm... 1600kgs 550bhp... apparently!

Ben

· Registered
298 Posts
I have a deposit down on the Spec V with middlehurst too. Andy said should be expecting delivery towrads mid to Q3 of 2009, and it'll blow the "standard" model out of the way so keep patient Ben it'll be worth it

Still pretty speculative but...

Set to make its grand appearance at this year's Geneva Motor Show is Nissan's 550hp, top of the line GT-R V-Spec. When we revealed details on the V-Spec featured in Japan's Best Car Magazine almost a month ago, we reported that the V-Spec would get an additional 30 hp on top of the current base model R35 GT-R, but we're glad that our report was completely off. The 3.8L Twin Turbo V-Spec will actually get an additional 70 hp over the base model GT-R, and also gets a 330 lb. weight reduction to top it off. Also included with the V-Spec trim to induce better downforce is a full bodykit. With this being said, the GT-R is set to finally go on sale in Europe after the Geneva Auto Show, and the going price is expected to be 73,000 euros ($107,000 USD), while the V-Spec will supposedly be available for an additional 26,700 euros ($39,184 USD).

· Registered
783 Posts
I've put a deposit on a V-Spec at Middlehurst... word is the UK car is going to be cheaper than the current import price, which will immediately devalue imports once announced. (Geneva motor show).
Ok, will have watch that. But at the moment you can get a standard car for circa £30k in Japan. I understand theyll be nearer 60 when officially sold in the uk!!

Hope your right and i'm wrong - will make life so much easier tbh :)

I'm prepared to wait for the v-spec, even if it could be up to 18 months!!

· Registered
4,905 Posts
Ok, will have watch that. But at the moment you can get a standard car for circa £30k in Japan. I understand theyll be nearer 60 when officially sold in the uk!!

Hope your right and i'm wrong - will make life so much easier tbh :)

I'm prepared to wait for the v-spec, even if it could be up to 18 months!!
Really... when I spoke o Ian @ Litchfields his car cost him nearly £60k on the road. That was not a price with profit in it for them, as they are not importing them. That's just his personal car.

near £60k is likely the UK price, circa £75 for the V-Spec.

· Registered
4,905 Posts
I have a deposit down on the Spec V with middlehurst too. Andy said should be expecting delivery towrads mid to Q3 of 2009, and it'll blow the "standard" model out of the way so keep patient Ben it'll be worth it

Still pretty speculative but...

Set to make its grand appearance at this year's Geneva Motor Show is Nissan's 550hp, top of the line GT-R V-Spec. When we revealed details on the V-Spec featured in Japan's Best Car Magazine almost a month ago, we reported that the V-Spec would get an additional 30 hp on top of the current base model R35 GT-R, but we're glad that our report was completely off. The 3.8L Twin Turbo V-Spec will actually get an additional 70 hp over the base model GT-R, and also gets a 330 lb. weight reduction to top it off. Also included with the V-Spec trim to induce better downforce is a full bodykit. With this being said, the GT-R is set to finally go on sale in Europe after the Geneva Auto Show, and the going price is expected to be 73,000 euros ($107,000 USD), while the V-Spec will supposedly be available for an additional 26,700 euros ($39,184 USD).
As the standard GT-R has done a timed 0-100 in 8.3 for "CAR Magazine" - I would say the V-Spec will be a very very fast car!

· Registered
298 Posts
Uk prices announced,

Base GTR - £52900
Premium Edition- £54200
Black Edition - £55500

HDD based GPS Nissan Navigation system with 30 GB Hard Drive and voice recognition and Bluetooth Hands Free Phone system £1900 option (September 2009 delivery onwards)

Confirmed High Performance Centres

Cambridge - Marshall Nissan
London - WLN Mill Hill
Tunbridge Wells - Motorline Tunbridge Wells
Bournemouth - Westover Bournemouth
Oxford - Sims of Oxford
Exeter - JFE Exeter
Belfast - Hursts of Belfast
St. Helens - Middlehurst
Newcastle - Benfield Newcastle
Edinburgh - Noble Edinburgh

· Registered
3,222 Posts
exactly, car of that value and performance and your age they will tell you to do one! you wouldnt get a test drive of anything down any of the prestigious garages at fort kinard..

one time i did get a test drive of a new sti at nobble subaru tho, asked to see my drivers liscence and just told him i forgot it lol. still let me drive it anyway :O

· Registered
4,905 Posts
Bizzare really...

I was going to buy a VW and the c0ck jockeys wouldn't let me near driving a new Golf GTi despite the fact I was wearing a watch worth 30% of a new Golf GTi.

On the other hand...

I had NO intention of buying a car from Maranellos, and told them so... but the chap me drive a 355 F1 so I could "see what the gearbox was like".

I said to him I'd be back one day to buy a car though... and I will, so it was a good long term sell!

61 - 75 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.