Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking to update my welders and want to know peoples experience on what they have ect ect

Its for home/garage use

Looking for a mig preferable gas

And a tig preferable with h/f start as i just cant get to grips with scratch starts

Let me know what your using and where best to shop and makes ie kemmpii lincoln wolf clarke sealy ect ect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
acting daft since 1969
19,624 Posts
best welder ive ever used was a lincoln ,it would weld dust and fresh air if needed ,mega tool but flipin expensive but like anything you get what you pay for

depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to use it

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
I've got an R-Tech 170A TIG.
They're really helpful on the phone and customer support in the event of an issue is meant to be excellent. I'd say it is worth giving them a shout and see what the offer you.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
best welder ive ever used was a lincoln ,it would weld dust and fresh air if needed ,mega tool but flipin expensive but like anything you get what you pay for

depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to use it
We use lincons and kemmpii and the odd feronius at work all great machines but yes very expensive so a think they may be outside my budget

Looking to pay max £1000 for the pair mibi £1200 at a push

Only for working on evo project

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm using an R-Tech Mig with Argoshield Lite gas, for the price I cannot fault it one bit. They use Inverters so there not Huge Units either.

It may not be up to professional standards, but the Duty Cycle is more than ample for garage use, and it's smoother than some of the industrial units I've used (all be it rather dated units).

R-Tech do all kinds of MIG and TIG setups.
Will have a look thanks

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got an R-Tech 170A TIG.
They're really helpful on the phone and customer support in the event of an issue is meant to be excellent. I'd say it is worth giving them a shout and see what the offer you.
Thanks as above al look into it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts