Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted the K and amp;N pod-style induction kit to my EVO4 yesterday tho' experienced some difficulty removing the 4 bolts attached to the MAF sensor box. gotta re-used these bolts on my new adapter. anyway, it's all done now but notice some weird sound with this new induction kit. each time i rev it high ie. past 5K rpm, then letgo the throttle or downshift ie. from 3rd - 2nd gear, a weird qwueek sound is heard from the engine bay (and seems from the rear too?!). suction noise when revving up could be heard clearly from the cabin, shuuueeee shhh shhh... cool stuff... no doubt my car pulls much faster now but just need to confirm if the sound generated from this K and amp;N induction kit is normal (how does yours sound?!), anyone fitted the same thing on their EVO4/5/6?! would like to hear from you tho'...

i had a Civic Type-R '98 with the same induction kit fitted but the sound is so much different, kinda more solid !! or perhaps that's the difference between NA and TC?!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That sounds like the BOV. Because the induction kit is much less restrictive than the normal filter in it's big black box, you can hear the recirculating BOV working. Enjoy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts