Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight of the Evo6 TME Enkei wheels ?
They are the Enkei WTE2 wheels.

Seems like the Enkei WTE and WTE2 wheels are used on the actual rally cars and so they should be quite decent.

Thanks

- ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know the actual weight, only that they 'felt' very heavy when I took them off to clean them. I used to have 17 BBS RCS on my corrado and you could throw them about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The TME wheels are not used on rallye cars. They are too heavy. The wheels used on rallye cars look a little bit like them, but are different magnesium wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the actual weight of the tommi mak wheels are 10kg. i recently ordered a new rim and i weighed it myself before putting tires on....heavy in my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much did the replacement mak wheel cost you ?
Last time I looked they were about £450.00 !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. That is quite a heavy wheel !
Now, if only the Superleggeras can fit onto the Evo6...

The Makinen WTE2 Enkei wheels cost 55000 yen from the Japanese Enkei website, which is less than 450 Pounds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about some white 6 spoke compomotive mo's ?
I'm not sure of the weight but they would look 'well hard' in a 18 .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want light wheels look to Volk Racing or Racing Hart. A friend has a set of Racing Harts that weigh 9 lbs per wheel (not including tyre) in a 16 x 7 size.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rally wheels have to be very strong which is probably why the Compomotive wheels are heavier.
There should be a tradeoff between weight and strength, oh and price. :)

I guess if we drive on the streets only, then we dont really need to worry about how strong a wheel is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess that if you drive on the street, with holes etc, than you should be more concerned with how strong a wheel is rather than if you use it on a track.

Heavier wheels are not necessarily stronger. Lead for example is very heavy but also very weak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts