Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of Zymol?

Also, has anybody tried the new Simoniz Teflon wax and polish, if so, is it any good? Have seen it advertised but not found it anywhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you mean me, then believe it or not, I have only polished the car once myself since I got it, I usually go to a rather good drive in car cleaning centre in Wimbledon...saves all the hard work!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks AntsEvo, I have looked on there, only problem is, no prices on their site, have mailed them for some (prices that is) Shame on you for getting someone else to clean the 7!! But must admit, it did look really good at the Pod

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why do I always get the feeling I'm being slated all the time!!

Its just that its handy, quick, cheap and they do a good job (and use decent cloths with no grit in it, unlike some others I know)

I found that the Plasma was too heavy for the lawnmover - but looking to upgrade - now, where should I go for that engine conversion?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not slating you, sorry if it came across like it.

Just, I would panic if someone else did my car in case they scratched it etc, but looking at yours, they obviously do a good job and worth paying for. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its OK, just gone back into their site, there was a page that I missed going into, found all the info I need. Thanks

I noticed on another thread that you said you have got the track day bug, are you going to Donington or Snetterton next month?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Big Evo, try this link - takes you directly to the waxes price list

http://www.zymol.co.uk/cgi-bin/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Hand_Crafted_Waxes___Estate_Glazes_4.html

and thanks for the compliment on how shiny the car looks - I must admit I hate clening black cars, had a couple in the past, nightmare to keep clean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found white easier!! - anyway, Donington - no - looks too far, and I still have loads of work to catch up on.

Snetterton - may well do, but still in a bit of a dilema, suppose to be going to Hong Kong around that time, if we don't go (bit worried about flying at the moment) I'll probably have to take the other half somewhere else - driving round France again (which costs twice as much!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get local valeters to clean my car. £10 for inside and out. It's a total nightmare trying to clean your own car in central London. It all relies on the fact that you need a parking space directly in front of your house!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
surely with the reputation of the EVO paint thickness, it is not sensible to let anyone near your car with less than a masters in physics and silk without damaging the finish? I use steven Hawkins and a pair of old boxer shorts. roof always gets left though. and he shorted his chair out 3 times with the hose :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Teri,

Zymol is brilliant. Ive being using it for the past 6 months. (Can't drive it so might as well polish it !).
I use the Shampoo, which goes on and off like pure silk, then leather off. i leave it in the garage overnight to completely dry. I apply the 'glaze' with my fingers, leave to dry for 4 mins then remove with a Zymol microwipe.
Leave for 4 hours, then buff once again with a terry toweling cloth.
Finish is superb, protects the bodywork and looks the ******.
Speak to Newton at Zymol, very nice chap !
I'm dreading the pisz taking after this mail.
Especially from Lee !
p.s Wheel cleaner is brill, brake dust just falls off with one rinse.

I do not work for Zymol, just a sad ******* with too much time on his hands.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm just so glad that I get someone else to clean my car, I really could not find the time to do all that.

Not too sure about their Special polish £1600 odd (for life?) But I am open for offers if anyone wants to clean mine for 2 days!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only need to polish it once every couple of months though. Still retains the 'just polished' finish.

God I sound sad.

:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow I'm amazed. I just assumed that most people got their car cleaned by the garage every 4500 miles / 6 months and that was it until next time!

Admitadly I have cleaned my E6 TME twice in the four weeks that I have owned it but I doub't it will be seeing a sponge again before Christmas.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts