Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The last time i went out in my car (after being stood for 4-5 weeks) i warmed it up and when i put my foot down a bit the water temp gauge droped down, i backed off and it went back up. I put my foot down for a bit longer and it went further down and back up again when i lifted off. Since then i've drove it to about 10 miles with no boost and it was normal. I'm guessing that the thermostat is stuck open, has anybody experienced this? :confused:

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
not on an evo, similar symptoms, thermostat!

usually cheap to replace anyways, so worth a shot :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Iain, i was gonna ring you, but dont like to stop you working :lol:. Is it worth getting the ralliart one that opens sooner ( i think its supposed to have one in already, but runs same level on the gauge as my last one) or the standard one mate. :confused:

·
Banned
272 Posts
Cheers Iain, i was gonna ring you, but dont like to stop you working :lol:. Is it worth getting the ralliart one that opens sooner ( i think its supposed to have one in already, but runs same level on the gauge as my last one) or the standard one mate. :confused:
Yes mate:smthumbup

Iain:coolsm:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
just to up this thread. I have just fitted all the standard pipework on my 4 i.e. intake maf etc... with standard recirc valve and have noticed the same thing is happening to me as the original OP indicates :( so have I got a faulty thermostat? as I believe this was changed about a year ago. Another thing did a track day at Oulton Park last year and after about 4-5 laps coming into padock my temp gauge was reading very hot can this be relating to thermostat?

cheers

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
just to up this thread. I have just fitted all the standard pipework on my 4 i.e. intake maf etc... with standard recirc valve and have noticed the same thing is happening to me as the original OP indicates :( so have I got a faulty thermostat? as I believe this was changed about a year ago. Another thing did a track day at Oulton Park last year and after about 4-5 laps coming into padock my temp gauge was reading very hot can this be relating to thermostat?

cheers
do a check on the headgasket as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my evo 8 i have installed ralliart thermostat it's good, no problem and i think it's better than standard 'cause u turn down temperature of your cooling system about 10 °C and it's a good thing! :smthumbup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts