Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if the water injection is working in the Auto setting on my car.

When I use manual it clearly works properly but when I switch it to Auto nothing appears to happen during driving (front of car still dry) and no light appears on the dashboard (as is the case in my friends FQ300) to let me know it has been activated.

Mitsi say its because the car has a different ecu but i'm not sure - any ideas ?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FQ400-#018 said:
Yeah I went through that... seems to make sense. If I'm really nailing it I'll press the manual button a few times just in case though.
Cheers for that, seems all is well then, thank goodness.

Really don't think you should sell your car, get it fixed properly (be very patient) and get in touch, we'll create a driving day of our own (everyone welcome) cos I missed it too - working for a change !!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think you will find that on the auto setting it will only spray when its required, and in these cold conditions it wont happen, maybee in summer when you giving it hell,

my 8 comes on in auto mode only in summer hot track days.

I did find that after 12 months of owning my * that there was no fuse in the water spray, even though the dash light came on !!!

I used the one out of the sunroof slot, which i havent got and away it went .

·
Registered
405 Posts
POE8Y said:
Cheers for that, seems all is well then, thank goodness.

Really don't think you should sell your car, get it fixed properly (be very patient) and get in touch, we'll create a driving day of our own (everyone welcome) cos I missed it too - working for a change !!!
Sounds like a plan - we'll go on a nice sunny summer's day when everyone's free and relaxed. We can even invite all the other fq400 owners so that I can have a go at Mitsi to them ;)

Glad you like your car and its running like it should do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts