Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody ACTUALLY use their water spray? If so when and why?

I understood it is to cool the blower when driving hard, but how the hell do you know when the blower is overheating, apart from having to call the AA or RAC (don't wish to be prejudice).

Is it a typically Jap gismo or is it really worth having?

And

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use it on small twisty roads in my warm country, but you are right, it's kind of hard to tell when to use it. It would probably be much better to automise it, ie to get the ECU to trigger it when a certain air intake temp is reached. Not sure how efficient it is.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If driven really hard the temp gauge will increase by 1/2 to 1 bar line over the general position .then its time to give it a good douching.But any hard driving give it a spray .then you'll get a **** at a garage telling you you have a leaky radiator,infact you may get 5-6 .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is used to cool the air going through the intercooler,it does make a difference on really hot days 25C and above but for the other 360 days of the year it is not really needed.
You are supposed to use it just before you are going to thrash the car and not while you are steaming through some country lanes,unless you get your co-pilot to do it for you.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hooked mine up to a foot-switch (for my left foot)! Dumped the whole console anyway (in which the std. switch was placed). Can use it while my right foot floors the throttle going up Ex-Mühle for example.

Terratrip offers these for their rally computers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have swapped mine with the horn.

Much easier to spray whilst on the track or going flat out than trying to find the spray switch.

Just a bugger if you want to sound your horn in a hurry.

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have power eng,s automated kit
but so far it has only cut in twice,so im wondering if the sensitivity is a bit too high

1 - 7 of 7 Posts