Discussion Starter #1
fitted the aquamist system and have begun remapping
initial result is |PLS|4 timing advance at low revs and |PLS| 2 at high revs
not too good and not too bad

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
dunno possibly, the power will certainly come up if i am able to lean it off a bit as well, which i haven't tried yet, so far just drove it flat out round the hills in 3rd and 4th, 1.7 bars and plenty of advance low down certainly helps it get out of corners without having to bother with changing down, i'll run it continously at top speed tomorrow on the way back to town and see what the egts look like (was 1000C wih the probe in #1 runner which is a touch hot, more advance will help this too)

i am trying to avoid having to retard the static timing as i was right back to zero at 5000 @ 1.7 and still getting det, that is definately improved now although still not perfect, so this is more to correct a bad situation, any additional power is a bonus

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
blade

uses a lot of water!, what size jet are you using?

total knocks without 143, with 37, so its working - just need a little bit more it think

egt down a little and rises slower

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
water flow can be from 10 to 25% of fuel so currently is 10% approx - will get a 1.0 jet and possibly a bigger tank...

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
at 25% you may start to see some reduction in power due to quenching effect, however if you can optimse fuel/timing to increase power you may see an overall net increase.

running part methanol (50:50 methanol:water) would help this but might get expensive in meths unless you have your own still!

What pressure does the aquamist system run? I was going to setup a cheap and cheerful system on my monte (will be fitting dawes boost controller shortly) using a windscreen washer bottle/pump but need the jets and was wondering whether i could use the aquamist ones.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
methanol just over $100 a drum (44gallons) so about 35 quid your money
octane rating is 118 so if run 50% then effectively 10% methanol at 20% h2o/meth which should boost octane by about 2
so this works out at less than 2 pounds per fill for octane booster that actually works (have tried various available NONE made any improvement)

theoretically i should be able to replace excess fuel with water probably overfuelling by 20%
1mm jet will be 15%, thats as big as they go so would have to add a second to get 20%|PLS| the aquamist pump can probably just do this before running out of pressure, will try this first

seems to be a problem with heat soak (unrelated to the water injection), thrashing it around the hills is fine but if you run it continuously at high speed then the det slowly gets worse before stablising, reducing timing (and the water) fixes but this means i have to map it more conservatively

ithe aquamist nozzles need high pressure to work well there are others you can get that opearate with lower pressure but dont atomise so well

andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts