Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment my car is running apexi gear, full exhaust system n hks racing suction kit uprated pump and all the rest of it. I,m just wondering what the benefits of water injection will be? I,m currently running 1.4 bar can this amount of boost be increased further with water injection|PLS| what do u guys think of adding methanol 2 the water!;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will bring your charge temp down. I am thinking of removing and selling mine, as I have a huge ####-off intercooler which does the same job.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Adding methanol is a very good idea!

At 1.4 bars it's not needed yet though! Get forged internals and let RC reprogramme your stuff to 1.7 bars held. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original Post:
I have a huge ****-off intercooler
Oh yeah? What do you call HUGE? Your PACE POS? I would call a 3 layer TRUST I/C huge (for an Evo). Anyway, isnt it called aftercooler?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You get TRUST I/Cs made to measure to suit your specs.

But it's not anly about the size, it's about pressure drop etc as well. The bigger the better is only true to a certain extend (you should know about that :D)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pace sell cores of sizes upto 800x500x86mm, I'm sure that is quite adequate for your needs ;)

And they will make custom sized intercoolers for you if you are unable to make some end caps yourself!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there are 2 benefits of water injection
1 is the intercooling effect
the other is as a det reduction
reduce det|EQU|more timing |EQU| more power

need to inject as close as the engine as possible for det reduction
intercooling effect here minimal
injecting near intercooler may give more cooling but could cost power as water will turn to steam and take up a lot of space

side benefit - looking down the bores (not easy) is a nice grey colour now compared to black crud in cylinders

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how long would say 2 gallons of water last if you was driving hard? .. or do you carry more than two gallons?

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Really? ... so i guess it would simply be a case of fill the water tank everytime you filled with fuel, or even not as much as that i guess.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
best to go for the 2c system, and get a feed from the ECU your using. I know the Unichip can drive it very effectively.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.