Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with the AEM water injection kits?

Apparently you can only adjust the turn on point to be between 1 and 11psi of boost but I really need it to only turn on at around 18psi of boost.

Anyone encountered this and found a solution?

The only solution I can think of is putting a bleed valve/boost tap in the vacumn line going to the controller so it thinks 18psi is 11psi but it's not a nice solution, especially if the controller is accidentally changed!!

Anyone know what the Cooling Mist and Snow Performance kits are like? Do they have any limitations like the AEM?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Why do you need to only turn it on so late would be my first question? You can gain good benefits from bringing it on during spool up as well.

However, the only real option would be to 'fool' the controller by using a restrictor in the boost line as you say unless you fancied pulling the unit apart and changing the variable potentiometer that is used.

Andy

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 16psi wastegate springs in each gate so was wanting to do a tune that didn't use water at 16psi so if I ran out of water i would still have a safe tune on low boost.

I could use the output from the water injection controller to cut my boost solenoid if there are any problems and automatically drop back to low boost.

I'm running a Power FC so can't get it to automatically switch maps if I run out of water so the only option I can think of is to have it come in late at 18psi

Why do you need to only turn it on so late would be my first question? You can gain good benefits from bringing it on during spool up as well.

However, the only real option would be to 'fool' the controller by using a restrictor in the boost line as you say unless you fancied pulling the unit apart and changing the variable potentiometer that is used.

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts