Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My evo 4 has this super annoying metallic rattle at idle and up to about 2500 rpm, and I believe it is the wastegate flapper causing the rattle, though I wanted to ask here before I tear anything apart. I've checked all the exhaust heat shields and have ruled out that none of them are the culprit. Not long ago, the clevis on my wastegate actuator broke and was no longer connected to the wastegate flapper. When this happened, I noticed that my rattle was completely gone, disappeared without a trace. I was expecting the clevis to break, and thankfully had a new actuator on order that had arrived the next day. I installed it, preloaded it correctly, and once again the rattle was back and just as loud as before. Does the wastegate flapper seem like it could be the cause of the rattle? Car is stock if anybody was wondering.

tldr: Annoying exhaust rattle not caused by heat shields. Wastegate actuator clevis breaks, rattle is gone. Install new actuator, the rattle is back. Could it be the wastegate flapper or something else?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts