Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this mini ice age we are having my washer jets have failed on me twice.When I pull the lever the wipers go but you cannot hear the pump and no water appears.It was still the same this morning after a 40 min drive and leaving running for 10 mins and putting hot water on the jets.
Is it because the reservoir is in the boot and the water is freezing in the pump as the water is not frozen and the pipes go through the cabin so they cannot be frozen.
any help appreciated cause i cannot see where I am going......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If the water in the tank is not frozen but the pump does not work it may have been fozen at one point and could have burnt out when you first operated the wipers, or it could be the electrical connections to the pump or the switch.

If the tank was frozen one day when you operated the wipers the motor may have blown a fuse, does anyone know if there is a separate fuse for the washer pump?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pump is now pumping but no water is coming through the jets.I can only assume the water in the pump was frozen and it has slowly thawed but the jets are still clogged........
I bloody hate winter...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or.. running the pump with the jets frozen has built up presure in the pipe and has blown the pipe off somewhere in the system. So you are pumping water out and it isnot reaching the jets.
If you run the pump and the water level drops then you need to find the leak...

TonyC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts