Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the dialogue below re: warranties on discs:Has anyone managed to obtain a WRITTEN definition of either a CCC or RalliArt UK warranty so we can all be sure what is included and amp;, more importantly NOT included, in their warranties. I have asked both parties several times for this info to no avail! If you are going to spend £30k|PLS| on an official Evo I think you deserve to know! If discs are no longer covered after xxxx miles, then it should be made clear in the warranty.
I also asked CCC (Richard Weller) thro my local dealer about the effect of a stage 1 convertion on a new 6 or 7,and was told (verbally)that any of this would invalidate the Mitsu warranty; the only acceptable items would be a lowered spring set...but still nothing in writing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I agree, though I was told you could have the Super Dragger exhaust without invalidating the warranty. But clearly, as you rightly say, there really is nothing in writing to clearly state what is and is not covered.

I'm slowly building a mental picture of what you can and cannot do under the warranty. It depends though on who you speak to!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly my point!!
Unless it is in writing it is not worth anything!
Are we all really buying official Evos at top prices WITHOUT defined warranties??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is exactly why I didn't buy an official car. Nobody at Ralliart could tell me what the warranty included, other than it would probably be void if I start tuning my car. As I knew I would be tuning it I chose to use 4k on parts rather than on a warranty which does not seem to be worth much, judging from what people have written about. I'm sorry, but buying a grey import seems to be the right decision if you are going to tune your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke to my local dealer, whom i bought my Maki from, the other day about the effects of mods on your warranty and was told that they only need service records to make a warranty claim, and so as long as you have serviced as required there should be now problem. Even with indction kit and exhaust fitted, (what harm would that do! they said).
Obviosly dragon discs etc will come with their own warrrenties.

I think realisticly it boils down to who your dealer/sevicer is and how well you get on with them. If you have bought the car from them and convince them that you may buy another, they should in reality treat you like a king! I my own experience I run a 2800 shogun and a Maki 6 and have had no warranty problems so far, any faults have been sorted no problem. Although I do realise others on the forum have not been so well looked after.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Be aware you can have major problems if your car is modified--like invalid warrantee ; read the small print!!
Also WArrantee Holdings -AKA SHARKS Inc.--only support labour charges at £25/h
-Mitsu Dealers are circa £50/h, you pay the rest!! and amp; they only cover the ACTUAL failed item ,eg Hydraulic tappet NOT any associated items, like the rocker, or the cam belt which should be changed if you move the cam etc etc.This job on an Evo5 cost me more than them--be warned!!
I would not touch W/H ever again!
I REPEAT--Has anyone got a Mitsubishi warantee (for 5,6 or 7) in writting for us to look at??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ditto to WHA (not WAH by the way)
The service manager at my local Mitsubishi/Ralliart dealer said he used to deal with WHA at his old garage (Renault) and he said they were one of the worst warranty people in the business. He said they had so much trouble with them that they gave up in the end and used someone else. He also said they would only payout £25/hour labour rate maximum.

Note that WHA underwrite loads of warranty policies so the policies may not say WHA on the front. My old one was Mechanical Management Services Limited (NIG Skandia). Check inside and see who you have to contact to claim and WHA rears its ugly head! (Car came original from Trade One Imports)

I have now got a Mitsubishi Approved Warranty but it will only pay out a max of £2500 per term (12,24,36 months)
I have got a separate 1 year, unlimited miles warranty on my engine though.

Anyone else know of a decent warranty company?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts