Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke 2day 2 CCC (Colt Car Company Mitsubishi UK ) about induction and amp; exhaust systems. This is not the first time I have spoken 2 them on this subject as each time I hve been given a different answer.
It now seens that this months answer is any, yes ANY (inc R/art and amp; HKS) exhaust systems will void the warranty, that also go's 4 any after-market part that will change the power output.

If U get told any different from CCC or your Bishi dealer, get it in writting as I have been told in the past by CCC that sure U can put any exhaust system on without losing the warranty on the rest of the car or sure but the exhaust must be R/Art or HKS

May be the MLR should ask CCC what the hell is the right answer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or on the other hand do what I did... speak very nicely to my main dealer in advance of doing any mods and get them to agree to replace all the original parts first in the event of a warrenty claim ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This old chestnut has been around for ages. I will try to get a formal response from CCC to all MLR members. That way we can add it into the new Members handbook for next year as another FAQ.

Brian
PR/ Mag

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having asked the same question , I have an E mail from CCC stating that and Induction/exhaust change does not invaldiate the whole warranty , only those parts changed and any consequential failure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts