Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marshalls cambridge have a red TME for £25k right now

http://www.marshallweb.co.uk/frame.asp

I saw the car today, looks like it has all the extras as well, carbon dash, kick plates etc, I didn't look over it in detail or see how many miles it had done, I'll have a look at it tonight when I pick my car up but it looked in good condition.

If you're interested let me know and I can go and have a look at it in more detail for you, maybe take it for a test drive :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,
Wow! does this mean you live somewhere near Cambridge then? I'm about 10 miles away

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ian,
And anyone else looking at the TME in Cambridge, I had another look at this car yesterday and noticed that the Calipers were brown, I then thought back and I think that this may be the actual car that I test drove from Marshals about a 10 months ago, if it is the car it is actually Marshalls demo car and I recall the sales man telling me that it was regually taken on the track to show customers what it could do, this car may have had a hard life (as the calipers show), make sure you ask about its history just in case. I'll not comment on what my experience has been with getting my Evo serviced at Marshall's, lets just say I won't be taking it there again.

Good luck
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thers a Makinen in Gallaghers, sandycroft, north west, near Chester/wrexam.. I dont know if its brand new or not, looks pretty spanking to me..

Here is their number- 01244534347

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello again Ian
The car that Djack mentioned is the one i spoke to you about. I beleive that this car has covered 4500 miles and is up for sale for £27,995. Regards, SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ryan,

I'm over in Haverhill at the moment - but am moving to the US a week on Saturday :)

I'm with you on Marshall's servicing - the best thing you can say about it is that you get a nice stamp. At least they didn't change the coolant this time, which means they didn't have to demonstrate that they can't fill a radiator up this time....

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HI guys, sounds like several of you live in or around Cambridge? I live ion Bottisham and work on the Cambridge Science Park. I would be in an Evo already if I had not had several sales on my VX fall through. Now I need to go back to 4 seats and a larger boot so the little hornet has to go.

Keen to know your real experience of Marshalls, and also does anyone own a silver 'V' plate GSR that comes onto the science park now an again?

Finally, I am I dreaming that I may buy a cleansub 30k miles UK GSR (other than white) for under £20k?

Nick - 07768 600 007.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Ian
you have mail. Please could you ring me on my mobile, i think i have good news. Regards, SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nick,
I work on and off in Histon, no bl00dy evo owners in cambridge for months and then loads turn up at once, go figure!

Marshalls, hmm what can I say a typical dealer, drop me an email and I'll chat to you about it.

as for the sub 20k UK car I'm not really sure, you should be ok with the millage, why are you after a UK car? I have one myself but knowing what I know now I would buy an import, do a search on the forum you should find loads of threads with fors and againsts.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ryan and Chris,

and amp;gt; Wow! does this mean you live somewhere near Cambridge then? I'm about 10 miles away

I'm in Cambridge and drive a Silver TME. Saw a blue 6 two weeks ago on Newmarket Rd and Gazelle Way, wasn't either of you was it?

Say have either of you got your tyres from Camb Performance Tyres yet?

Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
now they come out of the woodwork!

the 6 could have been me I'm out and about :D

I bought some S03's from Performance Tyres, they could be cheaper but I couldn't be arse to drive anywhere else.

You Cambridge boys should come along to some of the meets, lots of fun :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The red mack in Gallagers in sandycroft (as -djack- said ) used to used by the owner of the garage (oldish fella) just as his company car
i have had a look round it when my cars been in and it looks mint !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and amp;gt;now they come out of the woodwork!
and amp;gt;the 6 could have been me I'm out and about

Was a Friday lunchtime IIRC

and amp;gt;I bought some S03's from Performance Tyres, they could be cheaper but I couldn't be arse to drive anywhere else.

I'm in need of tyres ATM, probably go for some AVS Sports or the PZero Asims and will probably do the same as you :)

and amp;gt; You Cambridge boys should come along to some of the meets, lots of fun

Yeah I ain't managed a meet in ages. Am planning on popping along to Bolney, you be there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ryan,

Won't be going to Bolney from Cambs as I'm visiting a friend in Farnborough. Otherwise I'd love to! :)

Jon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all,

Mine was a silver X reg VI GSR - flogged it back to Ralliart for £20k on Saturday (sorry Ian!) I work on the Science Park - at least until Saturday!!

The tyres came from a mate at Yokohama - £400 the set for AVSs, which I thought was OK.

I've now hired a very fetching metallic blue/green Fiesta. It's lovely. Not.

I think we've probably said enough about Marshalls already.... they used to be a Vauxhall dealership and it shows.

Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts