Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ears Motorsport have a replacement diff and pump availiable for £1500,plus del and vat, dont know if theyll split. What price have you been quoted from dealer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Splodge

The local Mitsi dealer reckons at least £1,800.00 inc VAT for the pump, fittment and bleeding I guess.

It looks quite an easy job to fit it according to the service manual (but then again *everything* looks easy in there). It's annoying that the pump seems to generate the right pressure for a while then it doesn't (I get the squark ), then it does. The dealer had it on the MUT II and bled it but they say they have definately narrowed it down to the pump.

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can sell you a spare pump, only a year old, for a grand, If It doesnt work or sort out the problem, then give it back for a full refund, can't say farer than that! a can of fluid would cost an extra £20. Im based in reading, where are you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Splodge

Ears will split off their pump for £600|PLS|VAT :)

I'm going to have a think about what to do next now ...

The bend in the exhaust just infront of the silencer has now finally given up the ghost and snapped off :(

Ho hum, I thought running Evos was supposed to be cheap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure it is the pump, it could be something as simple as the filter between the pump and accumaltor being blocked. It could also be the Hydraulric Switch. Sorry, probably given you more things to think about but most main dealers are of the fit a part and see if it works theroy and sod the expense as they aren't paying for it. The dealer was quoting you for the whole hydraulric unit (£999 |PLS| VAT new) which suggests they don't have much of clue as to the exact problem.
If it got to the stage of requiring a grand spending on it I would ditch the whole AYC and fit a standard RS LSD which would only be a few hundred quid more than the Hydraulic Unit by itself (even including new driveshafts). You could sell the AYC diff later plus the good bits off the Hydraulic Unit (and the other AYC stuff such as the ECU etc.) and only be a few hundred quid out of pocket. Food for thought?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I`m in the process of fitting a Cusco mechanical diff into my E6GSR so all of my AYC will be redundant , let me know what you need as and when you know :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.