Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) ok guys hope you can help?.got the chance still!.of two 7s never reg.bought in uk.shipped to usa.want to bring and reg in spain.Whats my chances??cars 2001.never been reg. still taped up. :blush: can have them here in 3 weeks.but do not understand import regs.was suggested send back uk first :confused: any comments appreciated cheers kay.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Kay
it's a better idea to ship to the UK, register and then take to Spain

As you know, residents of Spain are obliged to register their cars on Spanish plates.
Taxes To Be Paid:
# Value Added Tax (IVA) - think it's 16%
payable on cars imported from outside the EU or on cars registered on tourist or tax-free export plates when imported. The basis of the calculation is on the original market price of the vehicle with a reduction for each year of the vehicle's age.
This tax is not payable on cars registered on fully tax paid plates from a community country.

# Special Registration Tax @ 12%
This tax on registration is intended to compensate for the losses in tax income brought about by the reduction in IVA.

# Import Duty @ 10%
In the case of a vehicle registered in a country not belonging to the EU/EES, an import duty is payable when the vehicle is imported to Spain. This duty is also calculated on the original market price, with a reduction according to age.

Intervals For Technical Inspection (ITV) in Spain Are:
a) 5years after first registration (in Spain or abroad)
b) after 5years, it's every 2years until 9years old
c) after 9 years, inspected every year (like the UK mot)

Importing a R.H.D. Car
1) Importation due to change of residency.
2) Normal importation.

If taking residency and want to have a R.H.D. car, as this is an importation due to change of residency, you shouldn't have any problem...as with your new e6

But if you are already a resident in Spain and you buy a RHD car and intend to put it on Spanish plates, you may be able to go through the whole importation process, but the ITV may refuse to test the car.

You should contact the ITV and ask them about these e7's before even thinking about buying

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xlr8 said:
Kay
it's a better idea to ship to the UK, register and then take to Spain

As you know, residents of Spain are obliged to register their cars on Spanish plates.
Taxes To Be Paid:
# Value Added Tax (IVA) - think it's 16%
payable on cars imported from outside the EU or on cars registered on tourist or tax-free export plates when imported. The basis of the calculation is on the original market price of the vehicle with a reduction for each year of the vehicle's age.
This tax is not payable on cars registered on fully tax paid plates from a community country.

# Special Registration Tax @ 12%
This tax on registration is intended to compensate for the losses in tax income brought about by the reduction in IVA.
:eek: blimey you done your home work! :eek: Think these cars gona get travel sick! :D My car is still uk,as will loose my plate is i reg it spanish.will probably have to sell in 2 yrs?
Do you think i can get them here through the legal spanish system?? (via uk!)
# Import Duty @ 10%
In the case of a vehicle registered in a country not belonging to the EU/EES, an import duty is payable when the vehicle is imported to Spain. This duty is also calculated on the original market price, with a reduction according to age.

Intervals For Technical Inspection (ITV) in Spain Are:
a) 5years after first registration (in Spain or abroad)
b) after 5years, it's every 2years until 9years old
c) after 9 years, inspected every year (like the UK mot)

Importing a R.H.D. Car
1) Importation due to change of residency.
2) Normal importation.

If taking residency and want to have a R.H.D. car, as this is an importation due to change of residency, you shouldn't have any problem...as with your new e6

But if you are already a resident in Spain and you buy a RHD car and intend to put it on Spanish plates, you may be able to go through the whole importation process, but the ITV may refuse to test the car.

You should contact the ITV and ask them about these e7's before even thinking about buying

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
yes...reckon you'll get them through...but as I said....if you register in UK first
+ one will probably have to be done in someone else's name
...otherwise might look a bit suspicious

·
Registered
878 Posts
footsie said:
:) I am still uk resident!. :) So despite what they say on here! :D why am i suspious???
How do you work that one out ? You confusing 'resident' with 'citizen' ?

James.

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
car34 said:
footsie where in alicante are you im in elche now and then
:) Altea Near Benidorm.Elche other side of Alicante.Been through it on my drives across Spain.was going to see property there.But found it big industrial Area.Nice castles around there though.say hi! when your over again.

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:) Brill gets better!.Will ask Iain what i need? :blush: Whoops refrase that.(the car!) :crackup: Gona need Filters im sure.he needs a ramp can you fit one on your bike??? :crackup: Will get on it tomorrow.as bedtime now and puppys howling. :rolleyes: Thanks again.kay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts