Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Evo 8 came to me with a rather loud exhaust.
I will change it: its full 3" with Magnaflow muffler and 2 resonators, and its louder than my other Evo's JIC Bullet with single muffler.

One exhaust which I am very interested in is JIC Ti Resonated:
Its full 3" Ti with Resonator, which seems to attenuate any drone and lower loudness at cruise.

The only Ti exhaust which I know is perfect match is Fujitsubo Ti, but its impossible to find used, and new is $3000 here in California! Not an option.

Did anybody here experience JIC TI or Resonated JIC TI even better, to give me their advice?
Or another Ti exhaust which was "nice".

I have small kids I drive to school, and personally do not enjoy noise, but do like tone.

Thanks,
Up for some answers

·
Registered
503 Posts
you want a Ti exhaust but afraid of it being too loud, then im afraid the Ti exhaust isn't for you. Even IF you did opt for a bung on it, I will reluctant to drive it on full boost because the back pressure it will cause.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for some replies

I do not go into full boost on school runs, issue is that most TI exhausts are loud on part throttle: idle and especially on cruise, they cause annoying drone and loudness.

I am looking for something that is reasonably quiet at moderate throttle openings, when cruising and driving through town, but of course it can be loud under full throttle full boost.
I do not wish to use the bung, too restrictive.

Thanks in advance
I hope somebody has experienced such exhaust?

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump for more suggestions.

Love the Ti idea, Tomei or other, but Tomei is known to be pushing it for DD.
So is Greddy.
JIC TI too.

Which is why I found a JIC TI resonated, and am still concerned that it may be too loud: JIC swears its OK for DD, but once you buy it you own it...and its not cheap.

Thanks, bump for more feedback

·
Registered
503 Posts
I had a greddy Trust exhaust and just driving without boost was already too noisy.
It created too much unwanted attention. Its probably nice hearing other people drive by with it but having to hear it day in day off can be tiresome , or maybe Im getting old.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It sounds hopeless, and I don't want to spend money to ruin my nice car.

The JIC Resonated Ti was my only hope, but I am growing skepticism, 1mm wall thickness and straight through design will likely be uncomfortably loud

·
Registered
52 Posts
Now my Tomei Titanium expreme is available for sale at a fraction of what I paid for it. It also has a silencing insert that makes decent noise reduction, so if the rest of the system is stock, then adding the catback will not be too loud in my opinion. I was running it full decat and still was happy with it, but again its biased as I just loved the sound full chat! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
I have the JIC on mine. Dont think its resonated as the only silencer is the back box. Its awesome. When cruising its not too loud and has a nice purr but when your giving it some throttle it sounds great! A dashboard rattle on my car was more annoying than the exhaust!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have a Trust pe-tiR on my MR and its quieter than a stainless system imo and it has only one box on it and thats at the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts