Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Got an Elise and a TVR at the moment but the time has come for the Tamora to go (still at the factory being rebuilt, now for the last 6 weeks, for the second time in 6 months). Much as I liked the Sagaris I drove I'm not losing 20k on one.

I drove an M3 CSL the other day and that was great, but I have come to the conclusion that it'll still be great in another year's time when another 10k has come off the price.

So, it's time for an Evo. Wanted one for ages and for 20-25k you can't go wrong.

The thing is, which one? I'm talking an 8 here as I don't want to go before that and I hate the look of the 6's.

But there's an FQ 300, 330, then the MR 300 320 or 340.

Argh.

So, anyone know firstly what's the difference between the earlier FQ models and the new MR FQ one's, is it worth the extra cash, and does it make any difference to the insurance?

Cunningly I've now bought a house in the countryside so insurance will go down, though I fear Evo insurance is going to be bloody enormous.

Help please

Pete

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Pete and welcome,

To help answer your question we need to know what your usage will be:

a) normal road use to and from Tescos
b) fast road use, to and from Tescos with an occasional outing onto track
c) road use to and from track/sprint events avoiding Tescos

Whatever you answer I'd say buy a MR320 ;) :D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I hate the look of the 6's
best get a 260 then. or better still stick with the m3 :rolleyes:

welcome

if you want a lot of bang for your buck. get a 260 and see wrc tech (mlr trader) for their power upgrade. still works out cheaper than a 320 but you will have more power.

if you dont like the small spoiler [email protected] (trader) has the high level ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks. So why not a 340 then? There's one that my Lotus guy has with 10k up in red for 26k I think.

Also anyone got any ideas where's good for insurance? As I'm 26 it tends to be a tad expensive, and for some reason the Evo is a lot worse than the Lotus or TVR it would seem (or even for that matter an M3 CSL!)

cheers
Pete

·
Registered
280 Posts
Pete, if insurance cost is an issue i would avoid modding. Once the insurance companies get a whiff of you increasing your power output, they equally increase your premium. In fact some wouldn’t even give you the time of day let alone a quote!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fair enough though I don't really intend to mod the thing or take it on track (that's what the Elise is for). It's really as something mildly more practical and easier to live with for driving around at the weekend.
I'm based in the middle of london so I don't drive in the week but I tend to do a couple of hundred miles every weekend so would be nice not to have to wear earplugs as I do in the Lotus.
Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts