Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice i have a evo 7 and it gives me no confidence when driving, it dont feel stuck to the floor or planted to the road ive done all the main bits coil overs with fast road setup and up-rated all the bushes

my old evo 4 felt way more planted like it was stuck to the floor and same with my evo x and that is on stock suspension

the 7 just dont give me confidence when pushing it

is this how 7 8 9 feel any suggestions

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
The stock suspension is really pretty good especially on the stock springs, just not as adjustable. Which coil-overs?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Rainsports are notoriously soft, did you get the normal ones or XL with a higher load rating and stiffer sidewall?

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
I have a similar feeling in my VII. Currently on Bilsteins and Teins but teh shocks are pretty much done so feels like the car is using the springs all the time and not the damper (if that makes sense?)

Am about to replace the shocks with B6's (brand new) have Tein springs (and Eibachs) with new topmounts and bumpstops.

Tyres are Michelin PS4's (XL) 235/45/17.

Think there are a number of components that contribute to this from suspension to tyres to bushings etc.

Will report back when I update my shocks

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
If it felt ok prior to fitting the Rainsports then there's your answer.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock suspension is really pretty good especially on the stock springs, just not as adjustable. Which coil-overs?
hsd mono pro the car was a import and had some really bad coil overs on that were all rusted up

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a similar feeling in my VII. Currently on Bilsteins and Teins but teh shocks are pretty much done so feels like the car is using the springs all the time and not the damper (if that makes sense?)

Am about to replace the shocks with B6's (brand new) have Tein springs (and Eibachs) with new topmounts and bumpstops.

Tyres are Michelin PS4's (XL) 235/45/17.

Think there are a number of components that contribute to this from suspension to tyres to bushings etc.

Will report back when I update my shocks
ive redone the whole bottom end all the bushes have been refreshed

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
What settings have you set the geo to? Tyres pressures?
I’ve a 7 with Meister r coil overs and ado8rs. Handles fine but had to soften the shocks as was set to hard.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What settings have you set the geo to? Tyres pressures?
I've a 7 with Meister r coil overs and ado8rs. Handles fine but had to soften the shocks as was set to hard.
the geo was set to fast road setup i can try find the print out, im 3 clicks off solid, i do prefer a firm ride

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Try 32psi in the front 28psi in the rear

Soften the suspension up, Firm suspension doesn't always give the best handling. Go from there. Zero toe in on the rear with 2 degree of camber on the front

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
couldn't really tell as the original coil overs were crap and knocking the tyres on the original 7 alloys were bold as well
Some new tyres can take up to 4-500 miles before the releasing agent wears off.

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Just looking for some advice i have a evo 7 and it gives me no confidence when driving, it dont feel stuck to the floor or planted to the road ive done all the main bits coil overs with fast road setup and up-rated all the bushes

my old evo 4 felt way more planted like it was stuck to the floor and same with my evo x and that is on stock suspension

the 7 just dont give me confidence when pushing it

is this how 7 8 9 feel any suggestions
Hey @Rickesh did you ever get to the bottom of this?

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
can you explain the exact feeling you are having that doesn't give you the confidence?
If it was anything like what I was experiencing, the car did not feel 'planted' on the road.

Mine felt 'unsteady' or even 'wobbly' and in corners because the car didn't feel like it was 'sure footed' and felt like it skipped.

I recently replaced everything, and I mean everything un the underside of the car and the car still didn't feel right.

Last week I replaced the springs and the car feels a whole lot better. One of the rear springs was completely dead.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts