Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday 14th May, 9am to 5pm open day.
And Sunday 15th May Japanese Performance dyno day, 12 noon to 5pm.

Wallace Performance, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, are having an open weekend in conjunction with Japanese Performance magazine.

State of the art 4wd rolling road will be open both days for power runs and demonstrations.
Power runs will be at a reduced rate of £30 per car (normal £45).

On the Sunday there will be a prize awarded for most power from a Jap car on road fuel.

Jap performance are also looking for cars to feature, so anyone with a big power or interestingly modded car please try to come along - cars will be assessed and photo shoots will take place on Sunday afternoon and Monday.

Anyone like to list their name to attend?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I perhaps should've said, just turn up if you'd like to run.
No need to book or make a commitment now.
:)

We will be open for the weekend regardless of numbers of people appearing.

Dyno runs will be on a first come first served basis.

Be nice to see your car now Martin ;)

Eck, sounds like a nice machine. Please be aware that these rollers are rather more accurate than some!

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
My wee EVO 4 might even be making more than 300bhp by then... Hopefully... :crackup:

What things do you print out Russ? e.g. bhp atw, bhp atf, transmission loss, a/f ratio, boost etc?

Is there a lowest power prize btw? :cry:

Cheers :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
willox said:
hopefully i can make this on the sunday.is it best to book a space or turn up like last time??

martin
Martin, if you're not in a rush for your inlet pipe back could I hand it over at the RR day? I said I'd stop by with it this week, but the morn's Friday and I've done fekk all about it (sorry about that).

Steven

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
g7owl said:
Martin, if you're not in a rush for your inlet pipe back could I hand it over at the RR day? I said I'd stop by with it this week, but the morn's Friday and I've done fekk all about it (sorry about that).

Steven
no panic.not sure whats going on this weekend yet.catch up soon.

cheers

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
g7owl said:
I'll come - but only if I can get a coffee (nae herbal tea though, that makes ye fart) :D

Steven
:crackup: :crackup:
Coffee it is boss :D

The Admiral said:
My wee EVO 4 might even be making more than 300bhp by then... Hopefully... :crackup:

What things do you print out Russ? e.g. bhp atw, bhp atf, transmission loss, a/f ratio, boost etc?

Is there a lowest power prize btw? :cry:

Cheers :)
Unfortunately we are back on an old version of the software at present, so all we can show on the graphs is crank power and torque. We can also demonstrate power at wheels.
Frustrating, becuase the dyno has the ability to log and plot something like 20 variables of choice, ie afr, boost, charge temps, egt's etc etc

Prize for lowest power? We'll leave that to the scoobs! ;) :p

willox said:
:rofl: .will there be much cars running race fuel :confused: [/B]
Well, because Phils isn't coming, maybe not.
Just keeping a level playing field, that all ;)
Can you make it? Be nice to see you there.

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
D2 said:
Ill pop in past on sunday see martin getting this prize ;)
7 was sorted last weekend,croft is next for her:coolsm: ,will be going in tonys 6 rsx to see how its going.can you measure boost,fuelling etc etc on the rollers next sunday russs?

cheers

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Martin, we can measure anything you like, within reason!
Two different types of wideband lambda and 3 different types of knock monitoring available.

Yes Rog, of course we can if you so wish.

D2, don't count your chickens just yet ;)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Well if all goes to plan, I'd like to run my wee EVO on the Sunday - not that I'll get high bhp or 'owt, just to compare my results from Dastek on the Friday - I'm having my Unichip & boost controller fitted there, so you can check how well it's been mapped by Gerry & co lol! :crackup: I hope it doesn't det :eek: :crackup: ;) Cheers :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Admiral said:
Well if all goes to plan, I'd like to run my wee EVO on the Sunday - not that I'll get high bhp or 'owt, just to compare my results from Dastek on the Friday - I'm having my Unichip & boost controller fitted there, so you can check how well it's been mapped by Gerry & co lol! :crackup: I hope it doesn't det :eek: :crackup: ;) Cheers :)
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
I nearly fell off my chair!

Be nice to see you there.
Had crossed my mind about seeing if anyone fancied a run out and about in the morning before the dyno time?

A convoy over some of the more interesting roads to aberdeen might've been nice, but I'll be up there already now.......

·
Registered
666 Posts
Help Needed!

Looks like I'll have to miss the rollers this weekend after all unless anyone out there has a spare set of Diff Bolts kicking around?? :(

I don't mind paying top dolla for them, but I need them first thing Saturday morning....bringing them to Wallace Performance would be ideal. Or if you're in the Aberdeen area I could come get them.

If you happen to be passing an open iron monger on your way in I need 6 off M8x35mm, 1.25 thread, countersunk socket head bolts (1.29 Grade Steel, high tensile)

It's a long shot, I know but I'm desperate......any help much appreciated. I have these things on order but ther's no sign of them yet. It may be that it all turns up tomorrow, but I'd rather have too many than none at all!

Cheers,

Steven

1 - 20 of 72 Posts