Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hoped they might put some small tarmac sections in this year as the UK rules have been changed but its been released today and its the same as ever.
I really want to go and see the new cars in action but have seen the stages too many times :( I really hoped there was going to be a little bit of a change this year :cry:

·
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can a mod correct my terrible spelling in the title please :)

Reactions: RichW

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Not been to watch the UK round of the WRC for ages, maybe 20 plus years.

Going to give it a go this year, either Sweet lamb or Myherin on the Friday, they use both stages twice.

Ticket bought and an overnighter within reasonable distance booked.

Hoping M sport can do the double.

PFC

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
Not been to watch the UK round of the WRC for ages, maybe 20 plus years.

Going to give it a go this year, either Sweet lamb or Myherin on the Friday, they use both stages twice.

Ticket bought and an overnighter within reasonable distance booked.

Hoping M sport can do the double.

PFC
We have got a pass so we may try and watch one AM then the other PM as they are within 5 mins drive of each other on the road BUT depends on how busy they are with the car parks too. :handsup: Both very different to one another both excellent viewing.

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
I hoped they might put some small tarmac sections in this year as the UK rules have been changed but its been released today and its the same as ever.
I really want to go and see the new cars in action but have seen the stages too many times :( I really hoped there was going to be a little bit of a change this year :cry:
How are you going to practically do tarmac sections unless cars on gravel spec? I know they do it in Catalunya now but one day then the other :handsup:

·
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are you going to practically do tarmac sections unless cars on gravel spec? I know they do it in Catalunya now but one day then the other :handsup:
I'm never pratical! :lol:

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Given that the route has to be submitted way in advance, it was probably too late to take advantage of the Road Closure Act.

·
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Given that the route has to be submitted way in advance, it was probably too late to take advantage of the Road Closure Act.
Very true plus it would have caused so much traffic problems, and they already have a few!

Best I am not on the planning committee! :lol:

Reactions: Trev-the-Rev

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,841 Posts
Just got back after an epic trip with my son + other MLR members CrazyA64 and JayP. :smthumbup Will sort out photos and pop up a pics thread at some point - very pleased with the shots so far. Those Hyundai WRCs looked SO FAST and the Yaris were spectacular too. Also great to be part of history being made with a Welsh Winner in Wales ;)

·
17,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At least it should be a little warmer with it being at the start of October!
It was pretty good weather compared to what I have been in, in the past! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts