Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to ordering one of these. so can run a bit more boost hopefully soon hehe.

Anyone got a guide on fitting them? Does the exhaust need to be removed etc? Never ever changed a fuel pump on a car before in my life lol :crackup:

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Hi Paul,
Its not a really bad job.. but not a good job either imo :(...... main problem is if you cant get the hard pipe undone on top of pump.....many many people cant including me ( Andyuk75 got his undone though lucky man) ... if you cant get it undone which is more than likely ( be careful as it bends easy and is very very tight ) then you need to undo the flexi pipe where it meets the hard pipes on car underside, and then mod seat base ( cut it slightly ) to give access to get pump and big flexi piping out....other than that piece of pish :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
the Walbro is ok as long as it's used in conjunction with an adjustable fuel regulator
....it's the standard regulator that can't cope with the increased flow/pressure...not so much the injectors

you may still have to get an adjustable regulator with the e4 pump as ...IIRC....it flows at 190lph(although could be confusing it with an e6 pump)

·
Registered
138 Posts
i done mine a while back and as said trying to undo the flexi pipe off the top is a night mare undone mine underneath first and feed it through then undid it when it was out,

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have a walbro fitted to my 3 but in conjunction with a sard fuel regulator. I must admit that i think the walbro 190L is way too powerfull for a standerd ish early evo engine. With out the sard my fuel was running sooo rich to the point it was running off the scale (below 10.5) on the dyno graph. Fitted the sard and had to back the standered fuel pressure off by 5 psi for it to give a decent reading. The engine is still over fueling but not by much and if i take it back another 2 psi i can now get 310 bhp as apposed to 240 bhp with std fuel pressure. But to be on the safe side i run it slightly rich anyway.
Paul, if you want to know an easy way of fitting the pump then pm me and can give you the option.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts