Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm thinking of getting a VTA dump valve, and have narrowed it down to either the Spec-R GrpA one or the HKS SSQV.
I'm looking for something with a really good sound from it, not too high piched, but nice and loud :D

I've seen posts from HKS SSQV owners, but none from the Spec-R owners. If there are any Spec-R GrpA dump valve owners on list, could you let me know your experiences with the valve. What sort of noises does it make, have you had any idling problems etc?
Would like the same info from SSQV owners if possible :)

Mike
--
Silver Evo V

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sod that get the apexi dual chamber units sounds great and only goes of under hard use . you can adjust sound and response this is the best by far trust me .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FireBlade,

Fitted my HKS SSQV today.....

:D just magical...:D

the sound is fantastic...short burst of throttle, Change gear, and watch the heads turn:)!

Can't get enough of it...best money spent so far!.....(yes i know i'm still new at this game but what the hell!http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >)

loud as hell if you want it to be.......no loudness adjustment though....just foot down adjustment .......20mins to fit seriously!(10 of that to find a screwdriver!..i'm no mechanic!)...

i have heard of idling problems but today was sweet as a nut.....

looks nice too!

[img]http://www.westwinds.hotel.btinternet.co.uk/evo/HKSSSQV.jpg

i don't know about the others but this piece of equipmnet has got to have been made by the gods!

Colie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fireblade.

The spec R vta is quite a good one ,not as tasty looking as the hks unit ,but gives all what you need .
Mine whistles, whooshes and when you let off throttle at a ton in 4th frightens the hell out of the car driver your tailing :D.
Its about the only sound that distiguished a turbo'd car from the rest,still not fed up with mine after 2 years .No problem with idle either which some can cause,and works better at higher boost than some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great pics Stud Colie! :) I was hoping someone would post of this setup. I got my BOV a few weeks ago, but the instructions are all in Jap. Was looking for a better visual aid beacause the manual pictures sux big donkey balls. Seems like a pretty simple setup, although I have the HKS R induction rather than the box.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have fitted a few HKS SQV's (including my own).

Sounds fantastic , turns heads from 100metres|PLS| !!!!!

Yes, have had a few idling problems, you can adjust the HKS by turning
in the bolt at the back and idling is fine.

There are 3 fins for the HKS SQV, the gold, silver and purple.

Kit comes with the silver wich is LOUD and high pitched.

I have changed to the purple fin, which is deeper, sharper and more
a more aggressive WHOOOSHHHH .... http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > ROFL !

The gold fin is meant to be even more high pitched than the silver,
but it is identical in shape and im not convinced....

Fins are £12.95|PLS|vat and ill be bringing some to Bolney.

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response guys......

and I've decided to buy an HKS SSQV. An order has been placed with TorqueIC.

Can't wait. :D

Mike
--
Silver Evo V

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jigga,
Glad to be of service...need any more pics e-mail me!... as they say a picture paints a thousand words:)!

FireBlade,
Good choice!

Colie...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROFL !!!!!

I didnt realise it was you Mike ?!!?

Thanks for the order.

Are you an ex- fireblade owner then ????

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Justin,

No I've never been into motorbikes. I'm really into Sci-Fi and Fantasy stuff - but then most IT people I've met seem to be :) - so the name comes from that really.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fitted the SSQV today - took about an hour altogether - and it's great. No idling or stalling problems, and the sound is fantastic. I may try to alter the spring tension, as it takes a good bit of boost to really come on song.

Mike
--
Silver 5 GSR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I fitted an HKS SSQ on my evo V and I have crazy stalling problems. I can have it idle fine, but if I shift to neutral after any gear, my RPM goes down to as low as 200!!! anyone else have this problem? I am getting the HKS VPC soon and I heard that it will fix that problem. anyone else?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No problems so far on my far on my E4....keeping fingers crossed.
Don't know how it will fair after the R S induction kit....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took the car out for a short spin to get a better feel for the SSQV, and I've noticed that the gear change is not so smooth as it was before the SSQV was fitted. On revving high and changing gear, there is a small stutter when going back on the acceleration, which can be felt throught the car. The screw on the SSQV has not been touched, and is as it left the factory. Has anyone else had this effect, and is it just a case of altering the spring tension via the screw on the SSQV, or is there something else wrong?

Mike
--
Silver 5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eric, are there any problems with normal gear changes, or when not driving the car hard. So far I've not had a problems apart from the stuttering gear change, but hope this requires just a simple alteration of the spring tension.

How long have you had your SSQV fitted?

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fireblade,I had the HKS and experienced the stutter problems ,Idle was okay,I replaced it with the standard recirculating Bov and the problem went away.

HKS themselves recommend that you fit there re-circulating kit with the SSQV,I just could'nt be bothered to be honest with you the noise drove me up the wall,bit to Max Power but its a matter of personal taste.There is no performance advantage,its just noise thing.

I used to drive down country lanes and walkers would throw themselves into ditches,the sound made them jump so much.If you like driving through puddles and soaking people then the SSQV will suit that mentality.

Im waiting boy's....let me have it;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's freakin funny! AHAHAHAHAH
Can't wait to see people throw themselves on ditches when I drive my SSQeued Evo...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jigga they will,just coast up behind them,then floor it and lift off,its the funniest thing you will ever see,not that Ive done it of course;)

Support stocking clad thighs kicking the air,whilst being strangled by their Burberry bumbags,a site to behold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fireblade, I've only had my HKS SSQ BOV for about a week. I've only had my evo V for three weeks prior. I didn't feel any difference in gear change. normal shifting seems fine, but if I slow down and press the clutch in, sometimes I'll have stalling problems. nothing that an AFC can't fix. actually, I'm getting the HKS VPC. that should do the trick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts