Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone successfully running a vent to atmosphere dump valve on an Evo 8 or will they always cause hesitation and stalling?
Also will a recirc dump valve from a E6 fit an E8?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raj_uk said:
I have a spare standard metal re-circ from my 8 MR

replaced it with a Forge re-circ for when I move to Autronics
Cheers Raj, i'm looking at an upgrade too as i won't stay at these power levels for long :D A recirc for an E6 has come up fotr sale, i just need to know whether it will fit my E8?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i've had an HKS bov fitted for about 6 months now, and it's only stalled once. so i wouldn't say it was a problem. there is an HKS eids plug in to stop that hapenning at all if you think you're going to have problems, i don't know if a remap would sort it instead or not though. I'll find out soon.

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
evo e said:
i've had an HKS bov fitted for about 6 months now, and it's only stalled once. so i wouldn't say it was a problem. there is an HKS eids plug in to stop that hapenning at all if you think you're going to have problems, i don't know if a remap would sort it instead or not though. I'll find out soon.
A remap wont sort the problem. The car will still have the MAF.

·
Registered
268 Posts
lee4 said:
Anyone successfully running a vent to atmosphere dump valve on an Evo 8 or will they always cause hesitation and stalling?
I ran a VTA valve on mine for about 4 months. Just need to learn how to drive with it to stop it stalling at lights (didn't always want to stall but if you coast in with clutch depressed and stopped she'd die is one example I could think of).

E6 valve should fit 8, pretty sure the Forge recirc I bought came from a 6.

Also, point to note: every tuner will tell you to go recirc. I went back to recirc on RC Developments advice (guy at rolling road day mentioned it too) and it does have an effect. Not to mention the 10-20% fuel efficiency increase. Doing ~90 miles a day, it makes a difference!

After remap and fitting recirc my fuel cost went from ~£28/day to ~£17/day. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: VTA BOV on an E8

RobJ said:
I ran a VTA valve on mine for about 4 months. Just need to learn how to drive with it to stop it stalling at lights (didn't always want to stall but if you coast in with clutch depressed and stopped she'd die is one example I could think of).

E6 valve should fit 8, pretty sure the Forge recirc I bought came from a 6.

Also, point to note: every tuner will tell you to go recirc. I went back to recirc on RC Developments advice (guy at rolling road day mentioned it too) and it does have an effect. Not to mention the 10-20% fuel efficiency increase. Doing ~90 miles a day, it makes a difference!

After remap and fitting recirc my fuel cost went from ~£28/day to ~£17/day. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info, £28 > £17 :eek: That is one hell of a saving

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
lee4 said:

Dealer said there was a recall on MR's (VIII's as well?) and fitted an E6 (I think) one under warranty a while ago.

Have since fitted an APS dual vent one....no stalling issues at all and haven't noticed a big change in fuel consumption but don't check it that carefully :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: Re: Re: VTA BOV on an E8

lee4 said:
Thanks for the info, £28 > £17 :eek: That is one hell of a saving
I was (pleasantly) surprised too! I'm at the pumps every day on the way home so when it consistently showed the same lower figure every day for the same journey (work) I was chuffed! The remap has paid for itself and the valve was a steal at £80.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
blair260 said:
A remap wont sort the problem. The car will still have the MAF.
Well I'm not saying I could re-map the car to prevent this problem, but it can be done. Nothing wrong with a MAF either.

MB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts