Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be posting this in the wrong place but I wasn't sure. Anyways I recently bought a carbon vortex generator from e5_grip it's advertised as fitting evo 4-6 but it's totally the wrong shape to fit my 4. Are the roof lines different on a 5 and 6 or can this be made to fit? Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Callum

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
I might be posting this in the wrong place but I wasn't sure. Anyways I recently bought a carbon vortex generator from e5_grip it's advertised as fitting evo 4-6 but it's totally the wrong shape to fit my 4. Are the roof lines different on a 5 and 6 or can this be made to fit? Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Callum
As far as I'm aware the roof is exactly the same on the 4 5 and 6.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The width is perfect it's the more the shape of the back and the sides don't angle down enough

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
mine i thought was the same but i had it on the rear window an not the roof itself

its def the roof you got it on an not the rear window?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had the same issue mate. Make sure that the back edge goes under the black rubber strip around the top of the rear window. I can put a close pic of mine if u like to get a better idea. Mine is a 6 but the roof is exactly the same.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you could put a pic up that would help thanks. But I am pretty sure it's totally wrong if anyone round about Cumbria has a later evo to try it on like a 7-9 I might have more a clue. Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I am well and truly baffled then. I'll have to try and get some pics up see if anyone can help. Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Heres a few pics of what I mean by putting it behind the black rubber. Until you get it behind that it will look as though its totally the wrong fitment. I nearly sent mine back. It still needs tidying up around that area and ill do that as soon as I start to use it again. So I know it looks a bit crap before any1 tells me ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ah I see thought what you meant, want one for mine when iv recovered from paying for a forged engine lol

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
can you guys post a long shot of the car with one fitted, was thinking about getting one for my five but still undecided :smthumbup

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
I had to mess about with mine to fit and that came off a 6 the same as mine.Just take your time and use tiger seal to keep it on

1 - 16 of 16 Posts