Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment there is a lot of chat in the Japanese car boards about the Best Motoring Video's - some are quite good but they just don't cut it for UK owners because a) people cant understand what they are saying and b) not all the cars are relevant...

I'm involved in a project being started up to make a UK based version for distribution on VCD which will be sold it off a web site. We are talking to people about possible funding or buying the idea but we need to set something up to prove the idea.

We intend getting something like 6 modded Jap cars and filming them with their owner doing some talking. We might be able to get some airfield time and run off loads of video. The people applying should have something special to say about their cars and be prepared to appear on video and be prepared to travel if required (enough notice will be given).

We have no idea about timescales as the ball has only started rolling, but please apply via email to [email protected] with pictures of your car and a short write-up on what you've done to it.

It won't appear like Max Wrist or Fast Hand shoot, but rather the same kind of thing that you see the Japs doing.

Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be a good seller I think that the car footage has to be very hardcore, on and over the limit stuff using pro or very experienced drivers with plenty of sideways action. If its just owners waffling on about their cars then driving them like they are going to Tesco's it won't cut the mustard.

It's a damn fine idea anyway and I wish you the best of luck:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this sounds very good idea, will make that crappy duke video look crapper that it already is.

yup get blade along, a video of Claudius driving over the mountains would look very impressive, Claudius why don't you do that anyway?

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We wanted to, but we cant fix the camera so it keeps still without drilling holes in the car. Any ideas on how can could do it most welcome!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Claudius, either :

1) Get a camera mount that clamps between the seats or
2) Get a camera that has video in, and get a bullet cam (or several) which you can stick anywhere.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please sir,please sir use my car Ill get any racing driver you want to drive it,on second thoughts why do I need a racing driver........

ILL DRIVE IT MYSELF Thats why I have an EVO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Original Post:
Claudius, either :

1) Get a camera mount that clamps between the seats or
2) Get a camera that has video in, and get a bullet cam (or several) which you can stick anywhere.
A mount for between the seats?? Never seen one. Wont that be too low down?

A bullet cam, like a tiny one, say on the Mitsu Logo and tape? Cool! :D But then you wont get the in car feeling, will you?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fit the bullet cam to your helmet! Also can put one on your bumper, on the parcel shelf. If you are smart, you should be able to rig up a selector box, so your passenger can switch views! Use a Sony Video Walkman with a screen so that he can be the camera man 4 you while you drive!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just tried to post a pic that is in my documents on my C drive, but was unsuccessful, is this possible to do, anyone?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is very frustating, isnt it? :D

LOL, I always upload stuff to Lancerforums and link it here. You can upload stuff there just like Hotmail attachments.

Wait, here they are.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers for posting the images Claudius,

I knocked this up in the garage in about 30 minutes, front parts screws into where the lid bolts onto the storage box between the seats, the other two legs fit onto each passenger footwell, held with two small self tapping screws. I applied sealant under the car to seal the holes. Cost me nothing, view is great.
This is the prototype, will be making one from aluminium soon, could make a couple if needed!

Clive

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i show some sideways smoking tyres action

i am a movie star lol.

Just gimme the money

regards

andre

1 - 20 of 21 Posts