Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been into a local jap motorsports shop in gosport and the very nice nice oriental girl tried to sell me a voltage stabilizer that she had just brought back from japan. has anybody got 1 of these gizmos on their pride and joy and are they any good? she wanted to charge me 85 quid and said that was a very god price for the item, is that fair or was she trying to rip me off with something that doesnt really work? any comments greatly recieved. :D :D :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont know mate, she says she has had all good feedback about them. she says they will help with starting, charging, acceleration, smooth idling and stuff like that. my 4 is quite slow to turn over so im thinking that might help a little bit. my battery is tip-top so dont know why its being slow.

·
Premium Member
22,088 Posts
mkilpatrick said:
well i dont know mate, she says she has had all good feedback about them. she says they will help with starting, charging, acceleration, smooth idling and stuff like that. my 4 is quite slow to turn over so im thinking that might help a little bit. my battery is tip-top so dont know why its being slow.
Try cleaning the terminals and connectors on your starter motor, if not put your 85 quid towards a new starter motor, that will make your engine turn/start faster than a 'voltage stabilizer', and I've also never heard of them being of any benefit to the general running of a car

Stu

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks a lot, didnt really see how it could do all the things that she claimed but thought i would ask you lot for your opinions. anybody got any ideas for something nice for my motor tht costs around the 85 quid mark? i seem to have it just laying around doing nothing now. :D :D

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what flavour ginsters and does it have to be diet coke? i have to keep my figure to be able to get into my bride bucket seat! :cool: :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts