Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email through with the subject title:

This page:1 Your ref: SB/JEN/W1102.1 Your clients: A.

The text body starts off:

Your early reply would be appreciated.

Regards

and it has an .exe or .com attachment extension, the filename I believe can be anything (note the attachment extension is not an .vbs or .pif like the last virus).

I must admit it was a very convincing email (due to the senders email signature being placed at the bottom and the subject title being official looking) but I contacted the sender (a MLR forum user) to make sure it was genuine. Apparently this was a virus that had slipped through their companies anti-virus software and had successfully deleted half the senders hard disk drive! It then forwards on the above message attaching some of the senders files but renaming them and inserting the virus code (several hundred were sent on I believe!).
I do not know if this virus will send on the exact message as listed above but as always:

DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE AND ARE EXPECTING THEM TO BE SENT TO YOU.

If in any doubt then check with the sender before opening.
Never rely on anti-virus software, the best virus software is yourself!

I know there has been a lot of Virus warnings going about over the last few months but this one has already effected one user of this forum quite badly so watch out!

Cheers,
Colin B

1 - 1 of 1 Posts