Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi evoLoverZ

Wanna see a yellow EVO going sideways ?!!! :) :) :) :)

http://www.tkrath.dk/html/movies/moviesindex_a-i.htm

GeretZ
Evil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this link is better: http://www.tkrath.dk/
And please, do yourselves the favour and go to the movielist and watch the Nürburgring lap by the RUF Porsche!! THAT is the the definition of big balls, hooligan, but still fast driving!! Watch the whole movie and I guarantee you will be grinning like an idiot for the whole 8:25 minutes. I think this is the legendary lap in a RUF CTR by their regular ringdriver that has been released on video and an English mag (I think it was Evo or Autocar) commented about as being one of the best motoring videos they've seen. I have to say I agree.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Micheal....

Fazination video - amazing stuff.

Did you read EVO this moth about Stefan hoser and teh New RUF !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't live in England anymore Richard so didn't read it. I think the guy driving in the video is Stefan Hoser, but I might be wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*arr* ..i've downloaded the RUF-Turbo vid.., (14Meg.) ..but i can't see.., cause
in the office we've got NT4 ..and MediaPlayer 6.4 :( :( ..and that would
not work !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just watched the video again, amazing!! The amounts of opposite lock that he uses are absolutely ludicrous. He's going through some corners like a rally driver on ice, doing presumably 100mph|PLS| in some corners. The car doesn't look like the easiest to drive either, the guy is basically forcing the car around the circuit absolutely on the limit. Sorry I go on about this, but as you see it's made a profound impression on me. In fact I'll use it to study the Nordschleife. What do our Ringexperts think? Are these good lines he's taking or is he showing off a little?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Micheal....

It is Stefan Hoser.. for definite

Also, on taner.net there are 2 different MPGs , i.e. 2 laps of him doing the ring - the second one has more helicopter and exterior shots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michael

I've got the video file of the RUF porsche. It's so gobsmacking that I'll show it to every car nutter who visits me!
The lines he takes are not the fastest ones. He always turns in so late and so sharp to provoke the backend. Sometimes he even needs some opposite lock in fifth gear! But when he flies past other cars or bikers you think they drive in reverse!

A good video to check out the Ring is from Stef the so called Cossiekiller . You can buy it from the Scoobynet Shop. Not always the best lines but very good quality, nice sound and as he drives several laps you can also see the progress he makes by learning the circuit.

The best thing to learn the Ring is to participate in the Sport Auto pefection training which I attended this year.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your going to buy a video of in car footage lapping the Nurburgring then buy 'In-car 956' this is Derek Bell doing a 6 min 41 sec lap in the Porsche 956 GT race car. Also on the same tape is him driving plenty of other curcuits including Le mans. Unbelievable stuff!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow

i get goosebumps when i think and realize that a formula 1 car does the same track in less than a minute and a half.

when's the next season start, btw?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your thinking of the wrong Nurburgring mate, we're on about the old track that is considerably longer than the one used for F1 now!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops!

my bad! terribly sorry about that then, and at least this puts my thoughts in the proper perspective.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice vid of the jun evo

i saw it 30 times already

I must admit i still can learn more:)

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Jun video is great but the RUF Porsche is awsome

I love the way the Porsche minces the bikers :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Showed the video to a few people on the weekend and everyone was just grinning, especially when they realised that whenever the tires squel it basically means that there's big plumes of smoke coming from the backend. Imagine being one of the bike riders, first this car goes past you completely sideways at 140 km/h and then you can't see anything because of the smoke! Had discussion about it with a motor journalist who's an ex-rally driver and knows the Ring and concluded that the way Stefan Hoser drove might have been the fastest way considering that it was in the eighties with worse tires, brakes and turbo lag. He told a story about his mate (can't remember his name) driving a Mercedes with a caravan around the Ring at 13min., this is still the record. Sadly the guy's dead now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts