Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use video calling on their mobiles?

I have an old samsung phone (pay as you go) and with the missus working away alot we want to get into this video calling.

'3' do a monthly tariff which is text and talk 600 (100 texts and 500 cross network anytime minutes a month) for £30 + for an extra £5 a month you get 20 minutes video calling ( normally 20p a minute until september then its 50p a minute)

What tariffs are you lot on?

cheers

phil

·
Registered
819 Posts
don't you need a 3G phone for that kind of stuff - the other way would be to send short videos via MMS

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are looking at getting the new LG U8138 which is 3G, has anyone got theses phones? are they any good?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Phil,
shop around first love, most networks do video streaming now.

Even we do it :D

I will only say watch the T&C's on any new contract you decide on first ;)

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EVOHOLIX said:
Phil,
shop around first love, most networks do video streaming now.

Even we do it :D

I will only say watch the T&C's on any new contract you decide on first ;)
Ta for that luv ;)

'3' is the only network that works here and Paignton. Others only work in the citys :(

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh well back to the drawing board then :D

you will live in these starnge parts of the world :crackup:

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EVOHOLIX said:
Oh well back to the drawing board then :D

you will live in these starnge parts of the world :crackup:
mmmm I agree, back o beyond down here with all the farmers :crackup:

We only just got electricity last week :crackup:

;)

·
Premium Member
22,051 Posts
As far as I am aware, all the main networks offer 3G, but as you say, reception is the issue. I ended up sticking with orange, but was very tempted with 3, and so asked around for advice on 3. I found that everyone who I spoke to with a 3 'pay as you go' was very pleased, but those on contract were tied in for 12 months to a contract for a phone that they couldn't use, as reception was limited, and other people could not get through to the phone. The 3 pay as you go didn't suffer the same problems. When the people on contract tried to ring for support, they got passed around foreign call centers and could not get out of the 12 month contract.
I was also told by a few shops that the LG phones were not good and the Ericson (IIRC) was much better

all the above was what other people told me though, not personal experience

Stu

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
3 contract

i am on the talk 750 with the new Motorola A1000 pda type phone...touch keypad one etc. Few things

1) I use video calling to wife as kids want to say goodnight when they are going to bed and i am on nights,also when i am shopping so she could see what i was buying wrong..lol

2)3G coverage is good on 3 and the 2G and GPRS is via O2(roaming agreement)which cover most places. Dont get dropped calls often either like i did with orange. I came over from orange and O2 as its just cheaper and the packet services etc are much better.

3)My phone is gps enabled also so i can see where i am on maps etc on the phone. You get 32mb memory with the phone but have option to get 128mb/256mb media cards for all your music.

My mrs has the LG 8138 HERE

She loves it as its small and easy to use with full colour screens and good ringtones and screen size etc.

Call centre side i dont worry about as its the same with most places and i know someone that works there who can check network faults for me...

Also i have had both the erricson and LG viriants and the LG is much better handset with better features. Some pics wont animate on erricson but on LG they work fine etc...just little things that make it better.

Aslo 2g sims wont work on 3g accounts its a new sim...

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your input and information guys, it is much appreciated :)

looks like the LG 8138 is comming my way :D

Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts