Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I just collected my EVO 5 in the UK and drove it all the way back to Austria (a 1000 mile drive).

All the bushes on the car have been changed to Ralliart Group N tarmac spec, so the ride is rather harsh.

One thing that feels strange though, is a recurring vibration in what seems to be the drivetrain in 5th gear. Taking the RPM of the engine into consideration an the frequenzy of the vibration I can pretty much exclude the clutch / flywheel assembly from beeing the problem. Also, the vibration only comes on in 5th gear and under load. It is a rythmic, recurring vibration, especially at lower RPMs.

Anybody got an idea what that might be? Centershaft? Transferbox? Gearbox?
Or is that a normal thing, when the bushes are that "hard"?

This is my first Evo, so I hope someone can give me some advice.

Nick

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer mate!

Will it do any serious harm to the engine / center shaft e.g. if driven like this?

As I said, I drove it home from the UK to Austria..... :blah:

Nick

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi,
I had the same problem on my Evo V RS, it was in 5th gear between
80- 110km/h. Its 5th gear input(N=40 teeths for RS) MD771726, you have to buy in BRR shop in Schon, Austria. You can order over internet, guys are OK. Price is 69EUR+VAT+delivery costs. Previous owner said that started to early, around 20000km. I changed on 90000km. Now car have 120000km and no vibration for now.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hi,
I had the same problem on my Evo V RS, it was in 5th gear between
80- 110km/h. Its 5th gear input(N=40 teeths for RS) MD771726, you have to buy in BRR shop in Schon, Austria. You can order over internet, guys are OK. Price is 69EUR+VAT+delivery costs. Previous owner said that started to early, around 20000km. I changed on 90000km. Now car have 120000km and no vibration for now.
You didn't changed the input shaft? Mine was weak as you can see on the pisture.
I installed my new pinion with some retaining compound to be sure

·
Registered
192 Posts
No, input shaft was OK, just was wear inside teets of gear ...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HEy Jerra!

Thanks a lot for the great advice. Didn´t even know the shop over here! :) Perfect. Will talk to those guys as I still know a few people on the Austrian rallye scene!

Appreciated a lot mate!!!!

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts