Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a new set of 18" and Toyo T1's on the VI. Went for a blast and found that above 100mph there was a real bad vibration through the car.
Went back to the company who sold the wheels (Skidz in Falkirk) and asked them to check the balance in case a weight had went a stray. They checked them again and they were perfect.
Next I'll try allignment tracking as one of the old tyres was bald in the inside but found no vibration with those wheels.

It's going on the rollers at AVA on Sunday too so don't want it jumping about.

Has anyone experienced this problem, Is it common on fitting 18" that you need to reset the allignment.

All help welcome CHEERS!!!!!

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Take it somewhere else and get them to take the wheels off and balance them properly. Get them to check balance them first and if they are miles out, get a printout then take that and your invoice to the supplier for your money back.

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
Ditto!!!

I would recommend getting the wheel alligment done mate,when i put my 18" on they were ok....then maybe try another balancing place, mcconnechy's round the corner!!??

See what they say?

;)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Do the wheels have the correct sized centre hole? Many after market wheels are 73.1mm, so you need a collar/sleeve to make sure they're centred properly. If mounted off centre you'll get bad vibrations despite the wheels being balanced - this is what was wrong with mine, anyway! See you at AVA :D

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The Admiral said:
Do the wheels have the correct sized centre hole? Many after market wheels are 73.1mm, so you need a collar/sleeve to make sure they're centred properly. If mounted off centre you'll get bad vibrations despite the wheels being balanced - this is what was wrong with mine, anyway! See you at AVA :D
Bang on mate i bet the centre core is wrong i had asimilar prob with my bbs ch 18,s one of the collars had fell off while i was on winter rims, when i put them back on i could not get them to stop vibrating until about the 4th attempt i spotted the problem.
cheers
steven

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Admiral said:
Sounds like a strong possibility mate, will talk to you at AVA about it.
Is this something that can be bought?
Cool if not I'll just nock some up on the lathe. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.