Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on my way back from a mates house when for some reason my evo back fired large flam ball from the zorst and the engine cut i checked and there was no power to the fuel pump or coil packs.... I have removed the Clifford alarm and now have power to the fuel pump but am still not getting any power to the coil packs anybody got any ideas where to go next......I have been told it could be the crank angle sensor and that its a bit of a b**ch to change what else could i check before i have to change it......

·
Registered
8,808 Posts
When my balance shaft went it took out my Crank sensor and done exactly the same as yours.

I wouldnt risk turning it over like i did because if its the same incase the balance belt could get caught up in the timing belt.

It is a biatch to change yeah, all the timing belt ect has to come off.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant move the car at the moment might have to see if Mitsubishi would let me borrow a mechanic and there MUT to check it......

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
You can check the fault codes by earthing pin 1 on the OBD port and counting the flashes the dash lights make. Long flashes are 10's and short ones are 1's.

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
mine died on me drive yesterday and wont restart geting fuelpresure spark etc but wont fire could this be crank sensor as well??? or cam sensor?
& does anyone know the flash code for above mentioned sensors??????

·
Registered
14,755 Posts
mine died on me drive yesterday and wont restart geting fuelpresure spark etc but wont fire could this be crank sensor as well??? or cam sensor?
& does anyone know the flash code for above mentioned sensors??????
if its getting spark then it wont be crank sensor

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been told by a Mitsi mechanic today that mine could be either but check the cam sensor first as it's easier to change..... I will connect the battery back up tomorrow and check both and also try to get the fault code from it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts