Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There I was in my car this morning on my tedious commute to work and (again) I found myself thinking about my impending Evo IX.

I was thinking about mods and what I was going to do to the car, and I found myself thinking I wonder if the MLR would approve of that!

Then all of a sudden I was relieved as I reminded myself that it's my car and I can do anything I want to it....

Fear the power of MLR acceptance....

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aidy said:
:lol: was thinking the same :D Next we'll have ten threads about if his IX will be "faster" than this or that.
LOL, no danger of that from me....

I know there will always be faster cars than mine! This was firmly demonstrated to me when I went in DaveG's VI Mak with the new turbo running 2.1bar.....wow! He has built a really really nice really really car there..... something for us all to aim for!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chunky said:
Fair enuff, but I think those Knight Rider lights and the 3 metre whip aerial are brave choices on an Evo...
Don't forget my blue led washer jets and "mission aborted gone for a spliff fido dido" :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ben_Scammell said:
:crackup: I'll try and stay with it.....
Good effort, you will need to up the pace to a good 5 or 6 "I cant wait for my IX/Should I get an IX?/Do you think my IX will be awesome?" posts a day to be a contender for the crown though!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
You coule be 'really' brave & break the mould & NOT get an Autronics.....

:D

Anyone would thing there was only 1 ecu available for Evo's these days! Oh wait, it was like that 3 years ago with Gems too :crackup:

I want to see what the next flavour of the month is, might set up a little betting syndicate!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
C# said:

Anyone would thing there was only 1 ecu available for Evo's these days! Oh wait, it was like that 3 years ago with Gems too :crackup:

I want to see what the next flavour of the month is, might set up a little betting syndicate!
LOL.....Gems, Autronics, MoTeC, Pectel.....they all do the same thing, open injectors and fire spark plugs!

The key is the person programming the box......

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
C# said:

Chris Damn that loom! :blush:

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What ever ECU I go for I will make my own loom.....if it is not available.

The hardest bit will be getting the connector that is on the stock ECU to connect to the standard car loom....

Let's hope the plugs / sockets are the same as the VIII or VIII 260 and readily available. There will be some differences as the ECU on the IX has to control the MIVEC.

I am led to believe the IX ecu shares more DNA with a 260 ecu than an JDM 8MR ecu...

Now who has seen a 260 EUC in the flesh and can comment on the connectors?

Ben

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
The loom of doom :D

Its all done thank you :p I just need to find the time/money to bung it on the dyno now!

LOL.....Gems, Autronics, MoTeC, Pectel.....they all do the same thing, open injectors and fire spark plugs!
Essentially true, some are just able to do it better/process it faster :D

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
C# said:
The loom of doom :D

Its all done thank you :p I just need to find the time/money to bung it on the dyno now!

Essentially true, some are just able to do it better/process it faster :D
..which will be of use to around 00.1 % of cars on here !! :p ;)

G

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.