Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heading up to Silverstone for the Pure GT trackday I came across this complete moron in a silver Vectra deciding to overtake on a blind bend:eek:
Fortunately I was taking it steady and not pushing on at my usual speed on that section of the road as the consequences and end result could have been very different.
This is my dash cam footage:

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Now that IS scary. What goes through their head?

Btw, it's a Vectra. No better quality before uploading to youtube to try and get a reg plate? Nutjob.

·
Registered
30,780 Posts
ide of turned round and hunted him down, what a nob :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
What a prat! Did you have to go on the verge at all? They never learn though,you can guarantee they will try that same manoeuvre 5 mins later. :shake:

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
Barry & I were in Romania earlier this year and this is actually quite mild compared to things we saw over there. The difference is that you don't expect (to the same degree anyway) to see that type of driving in the UK where drivings standards are generally much higher than in Romania; even if standards have dropped over the years.

[Cue immigration posts ...]

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a prat! Did you have to go on the verge at all? They never learn though,you can guarantee they will try that same manoeuvre 5 mins later. :shake:
If you go frame by frame you can see I went a fair way onto the verge and you can also see just how close he came to us, I travel up that road to Silverstone regularly and am normally on my own and going quite a bit quicker, a very lucky escape yesterday.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You were lucky there!.
But still the emphasis is still on speeding these days, a sad and dangerous route we are going down regarding to road safety.
I went to 2 RTCs the other day, one was caused by an elderly chap who should of known better (a judge) doing a U turn on a main road causing a head on , and another elderly gent on the wrong side of the road, clipping a car, then a truck and sliding down the road on his side minus both front wheels and suspension, because 'the sun was in his eyes' and had been for some miles. Good job there were no cyclists about.
And those are the types who write in to their local rag complaining of 'reckless speeders'
It does drive me mad.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
There is loads of those type of drivers on the road these days, fortunately for you barry you wasent putting your foot down, ive come across those type of people before, and suprisinly enough a kid was in the back on more than one occasion, makes my blood boil.

No point turning around as nothing happend, if he had touched you then thats a different story altogether. As you know it pays to go easy on those type of roads, you had plenty of time to react, good driving. :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,951 Posts
WOW. As you wrote. Looks like they guy was going for an overtake on a blind bit of road then had to back out quick! Jeez why would you do that when there are straight bits of road coming up - idiot. Glad you OK - lucky one.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Stuff like this gives me rage!

We have a lovely twisty B road very close to here, which i used to travel twice a day.

I, like most 'performance car fans' do like to put my foot down every now and again, but only when the road, visibility, conditions allow.....

Most evenings i would see a guy in a green Skoda Octavia, driving like an absolute dick! Overtaking on blind bends etc and doing simply stupid speeds in rush hour.

Sadly the outcome is usually a family killed, and the idiot getting 6 months in jail at worst!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts