Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evo8
On apexi fc,put ignition till instrument panel lights up and there's a very fast clicking noise coming from below air filter in engine bay.
It's like a wee valve on the chassis leg.

Does this mean its ****ed?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Evo8
On apexi fc,put ignition till instrument panel lights up and there's a very fast clicking noise coming from below air filter in engine bay.
It's like a wee valve on the chassis leg.

Does this mean its ****ed?
Does it do it for a couple of seconds then stop and only when you first turn the electrics on?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Noise stays on all the time,then you start it up
Hmmmm ok not the same as mine

Every time i put the electrics on the fuel pump primes and there's a strange fast clicking noise for about 2 seconds, something to do with the throttle body I think but it's always been there and never been a problem.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmm ok not the same as mine

Every time i put the electrics on the fuel pump primes and there's a strange fast clicking noise for about 2 seconds, something to do with the throttle body I think but it's always been there and never been a problem.
I know exactly what you mean but this noise stays on

·
Registered
755 Posts
just a thought ?

i had this on a power fc when the map sensor failed and went out of range making the boost solenoid go crazy . as it was reading high load when turning on the ignition .

see what the hand controller saying when not running . you can also try disconnecting the battery and do idle reset and see if it cures it ?

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just a thought ?

i had this on a power fc when the map sensor failed and went out of range making the boost solenoid go crazy . as it was reading high load when turning on the ignition .

see what the hand controller saying when not running . you can also try disconnecting the battery and do idle reset and see if it cures it ?

It's a new car so
I'm new to this power fc stuff
How do you do idle reset?

·
Premium Member
23,183 Posts
OK do you know where the the ECU is ?, if so pull it down and it should have number on the side of it this will tell if its d jet or an l jet ecu

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK do you know where the the ECU is ?, if so pull it down and it should have number on the side of it this will tell if its d jet or an l jet ecu
I'll get my tea 1st then nick down for a look,think its in the usual bit.

So what do I do if it's one or the other lee?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I had a constant clicking noise on mine when I got it and I have a power FC.
Would I be right in saying it was the boost solenoid/valve ???
It was a little black box anyway held on loosely with a bolt in the same place as you describe, Martin fitted a little piece of rubber between it and the metal part it was fixed to and made it more secure and its been fine since.
J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts