Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got home today and my mrs has recieved a letter off her old insurance company Norwich Union direct for an accident dated 14th July 2006!!!!!! She has never had an accident in her car since last month when a car hit her from behind. The other party has failed to fill out the form properly and everything is in dispute so it seems weird that this has come up??

The letter
' It has been reported to us by a third party insurer that you collided with the rear of a a third party vehicle on Malin Bridge, Sheffield at about 1800 14th July 2006.

Please contact me to discuss the circumstances and liability for the incident. If i do not hear from you within the next 14 days I will deal with the third party claim.

Should you have any queries, pleease contact me on the above number, between the hours of 9am and 5pm. If i am unavailable, one of my colleagues will be able to assist.

Mr J Tufts
Claims department'

The letter looks authentic and when i ring the number it says Norwich Union claims but how bizarre is this? Surely to god they wouldn't just send some vague letter regarding this accident in this way?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
i would get the number off the norwich union website, and asked to get transferred, rather than ring the number on the letter, just in case

Stu
Agreed, get the no. off their website, and dont these letters usually use the terms "we, us", etc instead of "I, me", etc?

Because that person is working on behalf of the company, so its not really them that will persue the matter, but the company in general.

Or am I just talking crap??

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Agreed, get the no. off their website, and dont these letters usually use the terms "we, us", etc instead of "I, me", etc?

Because that person is working on behalf of the company, so its not really them that will persue the matter, but the company in general.

Or am I just talking crap??
Using 3rd party speak (We & Us) is common in large organisations.
Mostly used to be able to avoid using singular and therefore stipulating 'my decision' not corporate.
But could well be part of their corporate policy to personalise by use of the singular.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Using 3rd party speak (We & Us) is common in large organisations.
Mostly used to be able to avoid using singular and therefore stipulating 'my decision' not corporate.
But could well be part of their corporate policy to personalise by use of the singular.
Personally a phonecall explaining what the **** is going on would have made more sense instead of some crappy letter 'written in their corporate policy.' Am going to take great pleasure phoning these muppets up and asking them for an explanation to this.:smthumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts