Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used the dodo juice wax range? im currently using Meguires but this stuff looks very good and has been mentioned by a friend. anyone got some veiws on it?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
awesome stuff,i currently only have the wash as i use poorboys and clearkote.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I use it. Certainly fairly hard work (hard wax) but the results are great!

Found it much easier to apply with a foam pad (or several!) Give time to cure and then then do a second coat - best wax I've used to date.

·
Banned
340 Posts
I cant rate it highly enough. Great value, works well and amazing support from Dodo HQ on all matters.
Its what I use for all my details, unless the customer specifies something else.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I use it all the time.

Prime the paint with Lime Prime and then Blue velvet (hard wax) for it's first waxing, and then a coat of Purple haze (soft wax) to give it a nice wet look finish..

:smthumbup

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. seems to be highly regarded in the detailing forums to altho i they say go for the superantural wax, but thats a bit too high in price to warrent a first time use in my veiw. there again, if i bought a soft and hard wax (for silver colour) it comes to almost the same price tho so....

Choices!??! lol

·
Banned
340 Posts
I am also a Dodo stockist and have all of what you'd need ready and waiting!
Supernatural is a great wax for the money and compares to many higher end waxes that cost a lot lot more ie Swisvax Best of Show at £120 odd.
Yes the pot my cost £65 but bear in mind that pot will last you years and the cost per application works out eventually to be peanuts.
Best wishes
Tim

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim, how often do you apply supernatural then? il admit, I have OCD when it comes to cleaning the car so soon as the suns out, im out with cleaning cloths and wax/polish. I usually throw 2-3 coats of wax on, wether it needs it or not but on a silver car, i can never get that "shine" even tho it hurts my eyes on occasions lol. Im thinkning by going onto a higher end wax/polish, il get the results im always trying to get..
Also is it any good on wheels?

·
Banned
340 Posts
Hiya,
Customers cars I put 1 coat on and with a sensible wash regime I have seen it last longer than 5 months with that 1 application. With 2-3 layers that longevity should increase.
Obviously the more often you wash the car, potentially it will last less long.
Are you doing the paint cleansing stage ie Lime Prime or just slapping the wax/polish on after you wash? Its the prep that makes all the differance.
You could use it on wheels but its not made specifically for that, and I'd say its too good for that!
I normally use Chemical Guys wheel guard or Swissvax Autobahn wheel wax when I do wax wheels.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if I were to use Dodo, il deffo be doing a Clay bar and lime prime prior to application. at the mo its thorough wash, dry then wax. have been told to alter pre wax preperation for the best results so will look into that also :)

I tend to quick detail the car more often due to only using it mainly in dry weather and keeping it locked up, wet washs are usually if its heavily dirty or been caught out on a drive in a wet spell....

·
Banned
340 Posts
Indeed, then thats why I'd suggest you are not getting the deep shine you're after. Product build up and also needs a good deep cleanse along the pre wax cleanser route then I think you'll get what you want!
If you are going to add a wax like Supernatural then to get the very best out of it, its advisable to do the full wash, clay, cleanse, then wax route.
Tim

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok thanks Tim.
still undecided on final wax choice at the mo with regard to SN/ soft or hard wax but will deffo do a very thourough clean and clay prior to next major waxing :)

·
Banned
340 Posts
I only mentioned the SN as you did!
The difference between the hard and soft waxes in the Dodo Range is quite difficult to feel IMHO and again it only comes down to personal preferance.
If you look in my website gallery there are lots of pics of cars with the Dodo Rainforest Rub (entry soft wax) and they all look great. The only down side is the topping up every 6-8 weeks but if you can live with that, then maybe thats the route for you?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
The difference between the hard and soft waxes in the Dodo Range is quite difficult to feel IMHO and again it only comes down to personal preferance.
If you look in my website gallery there are lots of pics of cars with the Dodo Rainforest Rub (entry soft wax) and they all look great. The only down side is the topping up every 6-8 weeks but if you can live with that, then maybe thats the route for you?
Is it worth using a hard wax (blue velvet) and the use a soft one such as purple haze on top of that?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sorry, my mind went a bit blank. as for topping up every 6-8 weeks, to be honest that doesnt bother me, id prob still do it every other week if i used either hard/soft or SN wax. i was just a bit iffy that id be "over doing it" by using the higher end waxes.
thanks very much for your help and recomendations tim, they have helped alot, will have a look in the gallery in a bit.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'll admit that I very rarely use waxes any more, tend to stick to sealants. You need to find what works best for you with the paint colour you are working with. Waxes and sealants all give a different finish to the vehicle.

The Dodo range is lacking atm from these but I have spoken to them and apparently its in the pipeline. They have some really great products coming out atm, its a case of trying to keep up with them.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Red Mist and Red mist tropical are out now Nad.
Hi Tim,

yeah I tried them although Dom said there was only about a 8week life on a coating, think they said they were working on something with more longetivity though. Great stuff though, went on easy. Would be nice as a top end QD.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts