Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says.. whats everyones thoughts on the 2 fuels? I always ran my old evo on v-power. But i have since moved house and theres not a shell garage close by. But there is a tesco. My new evo is mapped on v-power but if tesco momentum is just as good, then i will get it re-mapped on that...

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
My evo is mapped on v power. Running 380bhp.
And I often use momentum.
Never had a problem. Same octane rating.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I always put v-power in but the 20 mile round trip to get it was starting to get on my moobs, so I decided to try momentum as Tesco is only a couple of miles away and I was quite impressed with it. Car runs just as well as it did on v-power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
I occasionally put momentum in mine if I can't get to a shell, I don't notice any difference. When I put it in my Colt instead of 95ron it does get better mpg.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Greenergy (who manufacture M99) use a lot of ethanol to boost the RON rating.

V-Power is chemically, better.

But, you'd never notice really.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
I have a 30 mile round trip for v power, Tesco is even further.
The only time it goes out is to get fuel haha

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mines mapped on momentum purely on location reason, but can use vpower. If mapped on vpower I am told you should stick to vpower where possible.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Mines mapped on momentum purely on location reason, but can use vpower. If mapped on vpower I am told you should stick to vpower where possible.
I wouldn't bother paying much attention to that advice....mine's mapped on VPower, but it's been run hard on Momentum and BP ultimate for years, and ultimate's only 97 ron. The knocklink doesn't seem to be able to tell the difference, and neither can I from the drivers seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts