Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i realise running big quantaties of nitrous isnt good for any engine but im thinking if you run small jets (50bhp) and use it more of a method of cooling and running more boost on standard internals with a larger turbo. It will leave you a far bigger margin for det surely?

does any one have any experience or knowledge of this?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do it Do it Do it.

I did on my civic, and it worked extremley well. A lot of evotuners reckon that mitsi engines dont like gas, and there have been a lot of blow ups, because people dont know what theyre doing.

If nitrous is installed correctly and mapped properly, you can get good results. When i say properley, i mean oversized injectors, and management like Autronics or AEM, both of which have triggers on that turn on the gas at the same time as injecting the correct ratio of fuel and retarding the ignition.

This way, you can also save a few quid by purchasing a dry system (1 solenoid) rather than getting a wet system (2 solenoids) which is more expensive.

With correct management, you can set the triggers at pre-determined RPM, so you can have it coming in at a set rpm, and turning off say 500rpm before rev limit.

I´m going down this route on my 9 once i pull my finger out of my arse, and intend to go for 150 fed in progressively. But i have a built engine, hence the amount of gas.

;)

Al

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you mean as long as its mapped and setup corectly there should be no issues about relliabilty?

i only want to run 50 max as im still on standard internals even that might be 2 much im already sitting at around 400bhp

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,879 Posts
wheelyking said:
Do it Do it Do it.

I did on my civic, and it worked extremley well. A lot of evotuners reckon that mitsi engines dont like gas, and there have been a lot of blow ups, because people dont know what theyre doing.

If nitrous is installed correctly and mapped properly, you can get good results. When i say properley, i mean oversized injectors, and management like Autronics or AEM, both of which have triggers on that turn on the gas at the same time as injecting the correct ratio of fuel and retarding the ignition.

This way, you can also save a few quid by purchasing a dry system (1 solenoid) rather than getting a wet system (2 solenoids) which is more expensive.

With correct management, you can set the triggers at pre-determined RPM, so you can have it coming in at a set rpm, and turning off say 500rpm before rev limit.

I´m going down this route on my 9 once i pull my finger out of my arse, and intend to go for 150 fed in progressively. But i have a built engine, hence the amount of gas.

;)

Al
And when the gas runs out?

If you want cooler temps, get a better intercooler cos it's always "on".

·
Registered
602 Posts
Aidy said:
And when the gas runs out?

If you want cooler temps, get a better intercooler cos it's always "on".
Then you get some more :D

I looked at barrell coolers in the past, plumbed into air conditioning, could be possible to get some really low temps, offsetting against power loss from constantly running air con, gains would always be more than loss.

Pace make them, but the PWR coolers look a lot better, are a lot neater, and would prob have a higher chance of withstanding the air con pressure.

Alternativley, theres always the Cry O2 stuff.

;)

Al

·
Banned
3,518 Posts
Then you get some more

I looked at barrell coolers in the past, plumbed into air conditioning, could be possible to get some really low temps, offsetting against power loss from constantly running air con, gains would always be more than loss.

Pace make them, but the PWR coolers look a lot better, are a lot neater, and would prob have a higher chance of withstanding the air con pressure.

Alternativley, theres always the Cry O2 stuff.
sorry to hi jack thread :rolleyes:

Alex ive too before thought about linking a charge cooler to the aircondition system just im not too sure on how and aircon system could be plumbed into one, i have a friend who works in car airconditioning and keep trying to pick his brains oinn the subject :crackup:

I ve had had charge coolers on cars in the past and seen some very low intake temps but can be subject to heatsoak too nin traffic obviously these are not realy necessary with the evos front mount intercooler which is highly capable of keeping intake temps respectable, but i certanly think a barrel cooler likned to an aircon system could be a great way of getting some very low intake temps. :coolsm:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Xenonshop said:
sorry to hi jack thread :rolleyes:

Alex ive too before thought about linking a charge cooler to the aircondition system just im not too sure on how and aircon system could be plumbed into one, i have a friend who works in car airconditioning and keep trying to pick his brains oinn the subject :crackup:

I ve had had charge coolers on cars in the past and seen some very low intake temps but can be subject to heatsoak too nin traffic obviously these are not realy necessary with the evos front mount intercooler which is highly capable of keeping intake temps respectable, but i certanly think a barrel cooler likned to an aircon system could be a great way of getting some very low intake temps. :coolsm:
Pick away mate, spoke to a couple of tuners in the past, and it is possible i think as long as the chargecooler can take the pressure, when i asked pace, they wouldn´t commit to pressures their cooler would take, and geting any straight answers out of PWR is equally difficult.

I know the standard pressure of 134a (most commonly used car refrigerant) is 6.66bar, which equates to about 96 psi, any cooler should be able to take this, but unsure whether the pressure side goes higher than this.

If it was possible to drop temps to say 10 degrees C then it would allow more ignition dialed into maps, as at last tune, i was seeing 50c (from memory).

Could be a much better way of improving power without simply "fitting a bigger turbo" which leads to greater lag, as we all know.

Its a gold mine for any tuner that has the balls to try it :D

;)

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts