Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondered how many people use their EVOs through the winter, and how many tuck them away safely until the better weather?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Drive it everyday, unless the weather is warm and sunny in which case 200bhp/tonne and 4 wheel drive is no match for 400bhp/tonne and 1 wheel drive!

Anyway standard Evos are much more fun on wet, sh*t covered roads than they are in the dry. You could say its what they were designed for ;)

Rob

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Mine is away for the winter although i would love to drive it somedays.

Should soon be out though hopefully, if this mild weather keeps up.

·
Registered
39,091 Posts
I didnt have money to waste on a car sitting in the garage. I drove mine all the time.

My other half has his car locked away over winter which i keep saying is pointless :D

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Here we go again....

... mines garaged, its the only way to keep the car looking fresh; first time they see salt the alloy starts corroding, the metalwork dulls off and they look very tired very fast, i guess it depends on how keen an eye you have, and how long you plan to keep the car :)

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Fast Asleep

Mine is hybernating over winter all snug under its covers. Although they are designed for shity roads I prefer to keep mine as clean and new as possible. The intention is to not sell her so trying to also keep the milage down. That way I can drive her pretty much when I want in the Spring/Summer months! Not to everyones taste but who cares....

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
I'd love to be able to tuck mine away for the winter to keep it gleeming but just cant, only got the one car. :(

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I'm not alone then.....

Rich W do you use a maintenance charger to keep the battery fresh and ticking over?

RichW said:
Here we go again....

... mines garaged, its the only way to keep the car looking fresh; first time they see salt the alloy starts corroding, the metalwork dulls off and they look very tired very fast, i guess it depends on how keen an eye you have, and how long you plan to keep the car :)

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
mine is in the shed, not by choice! but i don't think i would take it out if it wasn't a really nice dry winters day.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts