Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
You just need to know the actual stroke this will result in. If it's too long (possible with a 2.4 crank) then piston speed will be too high and rod ratio will not be clever.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
moses said:
the 2.4 is a steel crankshaft

2.3 i think is a forged one that will do up to 600 bhp

and u can even use standard length steel rods if u wanna use something else instead of the ones these guys sell

but get some custom size pistons, thats what i do with my strokers

usa are the cheapest by far
The 2.3 stroker kits use the crank from the 4g64 (2.4 litre). They all use the same crank. Probably some of the Japanese stroker kits use a new forged crank. I know the Tomei kit uses the 4g64 crank though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Of the 3 Japanese stroker kits that I am aware of, only the Toda 2.3 stroker kit is based on the 4G64 crank which is factory forged. The other 2, the Tomei used a forged 2.2 crank and the Jun uses a billet 2.2 crank.
The stroker kits available from the USA are mostly based on the same 4G64 crank as the Toda kit.

Wreckleford said:
The 2.3 stroker kits use the crank from the 4g64 (2.4 litre). They all use the same crank. Probably some of the Japanese stroker kits use a new forged crank. I know the Tomei kit uses the 4g64 crank though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
BakZamGai said:
Of the 3 Japanese stroker kits that I am aware of, only the Toda 2.3 stroker kit is based on the 4G64 crank which is factory forged. The other 2, the Tomei used a forged 2.2 crank and the Jun uses a billet 2.2 crank.
The stroker kits available from the USA are mostly based on the same 4G64 crank as the Toda kit.
Useful info, thanks mate :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts