Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am sorry to bother you guys with such stupid questions, I know on my Honda board, i hated newbies like I am on this board. I just realized that the Lancer has finally come to the US for a 2002 model. But its a pitiful 120HP 2.0L SOHC FWD. So, i figured why not just convert it to a EVO. So I was wondering what I would need to do, what engine to get and is it going to be possible to convert it to AWD. I think the EVO motor is a 4G63?? And what would I need in the way of suspension to make it AWD. Also, who could I buy all the EVO body parts from and possible gauges. Sorry again to post this, and I did a search on the board, but didn't come up with much. Any help, direction, or advice would be great. Or if anyone knows how I could just import an EVOvii would be great too. Thank you gurus for your help.

Freddie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Freddie,

Have you checked out http://www.evolutionimports.net/ who claim to be able to import Evo's to the US and make them street legal? Would be an easier option than trying to convert a standard Lancer. The Evo 7 is now based on the Mitsubishi Cedia shell, not sure if the 2002 model US Lancer you are talking about is the same thing.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't bother trying to turn a FWD lancer into a 4WD EVO as this would as you would need almost everything off an EVO anyway e.g evos have a split fuel tank with the drive shaft in between the two tanks.Have you any idea how much the parts would cost
It would be an incredible feat. So just go and buy a REAL CAR an EVO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for all your help. But it looks like an EVO is out of my near future. I was banking on not spending more that 35-40 grand on a conversion or the car itself. But an imported EVO starts at 50,000 from the company that imports them. So I appreciate everyones help, but it seems like a EVO vii isn't going to be mine. Sorry for my newbie question, but a appreciate all those who responded. Thank you.

Freddie B

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have a look at some of the USA mitsubishi mirage and eclipse sites in the us ,there are some very informative areas.
The mirage is a lancer ,and can have evo body kits fitted great jobs.Also the 4G63 turbo is in the eclipse ,but guys are running turbos in the mirages and setting 1/4 mile at under 11s,
Some wicked looking cars .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts