Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SUpposed to be going to a track day tomorrow, driving home from work tonight, accelerated down the road and lost all power. It is chugging away, stalling, like it is running v. rich. Have had this problem before when the intake pipes were blasted off (as I put my foot down, thought it was the same thing). Cannot see any loose pipes!

Help! Anyone got any ideas that I can try tonight???

HELP!!! :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Errrrm.

Not really but I'd change garages if something's loose or a pipe has come off !!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fill up the tanl :D

Just kidding. Damn! No hoses come off? Check the BOV maybe. And air intake.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blade,
Your intake pipes aren't getting sucked closed and squashing with the uprated airflow from the new turbo are they?
This would cause a drop of power when you put your foot down.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be something to do with the ignition system i.e. plugs, leads or even something wrong with the ECU.

I know people that have had Unichips fitted to GTiR's and a couple of them had probs with the maps on the ECU disappearing. Not saying there's anything wrong with a PE ecu, just maybe you had a short, or something went wrong and the ECU lost its map.

Just a couple of ideas.

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAF!!
check the plug connecting the MAF, or it could be just knackered. also things like spark plugs may cause this but i would have thought it would have been more progressive. can you get any boost or are you only limited to the wastegate rate. ie only getting 7-10psi and can you rev the car all the way or does it cut off at 3-4000revs. these are all signs of the MAF failling.

you are not hearing any cruching mechanical noises are you! ?
sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have you got a boost guage? this should tell you if there's a probelm with air supply.

might well be the spark getting blown out by high boosts. have had this with my monte turbo when i got water into dizzy cap after over enthusiatic cleaning. engine started and ran fine - as soon as it came on boost it died.

still sound like you've got different symptoms so maybe not. visually inspect around plugs in the dark with engine running to make sure theres' no breakdown.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Twas the pipe from turbo to intercooler - force blew it off when accelerating.
As it was down the bottom of the car, couldn't see it in the dark. Bitch to sort out (hard to get to).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ARE YOU SEE BLADE FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH BEFORE YOU CAN WIN HE HE HE Only kidding hope every thing is ok sugest you do what i do and replace all the hose clamps with stainless heavey duty units they have loads better clamping force . can get theses for you as i work in the food industry and all we use is stainless clips . i all so make stainless one offs so if you need anything give use a bell .trying to make some friends here ok evodave .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LoL! They are the Mikalor heavy duty ones - problem wasn't the clip, but the person who didn't tighten it up :-o

1 - 11 of 11 Posts