Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning folkths !

Hope you can help me with this question:

On a typical basis, what would you expect your MPG figures to be ?

Mine have ranged from 21.6 to 13.7 mpg - Is this realistic ?

If I remember correctly, the most I have had from 1 tank is 180 miles !

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ASAP !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chris,
It obviously depends upon your driving style, what car, what modifications and what petrol you are using. I used to get about 200-210 miles from a tank of SUL in my standard Evo 6 RSX when doing quite a lot of motorway driving but can now get an extra 20-30 miles by using Optimax.
This range obviously drops if you do a lot of in-town driving and also drops if you go for the occasional blast in the countryside :D

The other thing is when do you fill up your tank? When the warning light comes on, you will still have about 20ish miles left in the tank as well.

Hope this helps

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy

Are my figures to be reasonably expected given a mix of in-town, motorway, cruising-style driving ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, sounds about the same as me, one thing i noticed this morning, was in hackney tank on half full, got to work (EC1), tank on three quarters.......

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,
I wouldn't be too worried if I was getting those sorts of figures with a mix of driving. Like I said, each persons driving style differs and the fuel consumption may go down depending on any modificaitons you've made as well but I wouldn't be too worried about it at all.

Why were you so concerned about the figures by the way?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without going into too much detail, I am in dispute (an ex-employer) regarding submission of pterol expenses. I need verification from a number of people due to non-publishing of figures as it is an SVA vehicle. Warrender's quoted from 14 to 22 mpg - my average over 118 months equated to c19mpg. My worst was c13mpg, my best 19mpg !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lee,
Sounds like your mods have made all of the difference then..... You are now a creator of petrol. This is excellent news. How much are you selling it for???

Andy

P.S. Chris, look in Autocar for their tests they did on the Evo 6 a while ago and you will find that they got very similar figures to you in terms of consumption. If you look on the Ralliart website http://www.ralliartuk.com you will find the reprints of the articles in the new car section under the evo VI GSR and RSX parts. Hope this helps with your claim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For mixed driving this seems very reasonable. I have just looked in Autocar where they give 2 figure - Test and Touring

E5 GSR 19/27
E6 GSR 23/29
E7 Extreme 17/20

I think the E6 figure is a bit odd when compared with the others. I cannot think of why the 5 and 6 should be a lot different.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
andy, i know, shite guage i think....

chris, i dont know the miles per gallon, but my average is about 180miles to the tank.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chris....
180 miles on a tank is the same as I ever get.You here of people getting 200|PLS| on a tank but god knows how they did it.Must go down hill alot.
Unless I absolutly thrash the nuts off the car I always get pretty much the same mileage.around 150 to a tank,that is sensible driving,traffic jams and the odd blast.
If you are worried about fuel consumption then you have definatly bought the wrong car.
If i spend any more on petrol the garage are going to give me my very own pump......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lee,
normally if you drive through hackney at the sort of speed you drive they will syphon fuel, i expect that it was that u drove past a filling station so slowly that the attendant thought u had stopped for fuel

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chris, sounds about right.

I can e-mail you my mpg spreadsheet (4 months record of all petrol/mileage in my tme) if it would be useful?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Driving local i get 21 - 22 mpg in my E6.

Driving down to donnington for the meet earlier this year on the way down i was doing 95-100 all the way down (late http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >), and 80 - 85 back up, and averaged 23mpg, which i was quite surprised at considering the 21/22 local mpg.....thought it would have been less.(which gives you a clue to how slow i drive also [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rich

You must have the most economical E6 ever made !!

With the sort of speeds you stated I`d be lucky to see 18 mpg , still I`ve had it down to 6.8 on trackdays :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts